Club Or Country ? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club Or Country ?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hence why I asked IF it had to be one or the other.

Hence why I explained that it doesn't HAVE to be one or the other lol.

Seriously though, tonight when Scotland are playing I feel like I'd say Scotland but when we're up at Pittodrie next week then I'd probably say Celtic.

So I guess my final answer to your original question is that I don't know :lol:

For the first time in 4 years or so this whole Rangers debacle is actually proving useful as being in the Championship I get to watch the Scotland game tonight, go to Ibrox tomorrow and then Hampden on Monday! So I don't need to make the club v country choice! Huzzah!!!

For the first time in 4 years or so this whole Rangers debacle is actually proving useful as being in the Championship I get to watch the Scotland game tonight, go to Ibrox tomorrow and then Hampden on Monday! So I don't need to make the club v country choice! Huzzah!!!

I thought Rangers always cancelled their game on international weekends because they had a guy playing for Northern Ireland's U-21 side or something ? :blink:

You going Faro pal ?

Due a wee session :ok:

Sounds like a veiled threat that fella ;):lol:

I shall be yes, think heading to Vilamoura te catch up with Ormond etc. No booked yet, few loose ends to tie up till I know duration etc. :ok:

Had a club team, fell out of love with them to be honest. Always preferred watching Scotland though, my old boy has taken me to all home games possible since I was 5 or 6 and would say it's the only football I get really passionate about. Never seen Scotland at a major tournament, was 2 for last one, so praying this campaign is the one!

I thought Rangers always cancelled their game on international weekends because they had a guy playing for Northern Ireland's U-21 side or something ? :blink:

I think Ally took advantage of this rule to get gardening work done before he actually went on garden leave. Always hated it when we asked for games to be cancelled. Especially when you take the level of opposition into consideration.

Hard to pick for me but when Leeds Utd were in League One & there was a clash of fixtures I went to to the Scotland matches even though I'm a season ticket holder at Elland Road.

That's a good measure. I would pick Scotland if it clashed with a Dundee United fixture.

But then I'm only at every third Utd match, whereas I wouldn't dream of missing Scotland at home. There's the comparative rarity of Scotland games makes them more of an occasion.

There's also the fact that club football is more and more devalued by money and TV and much more predictable.

What's the chances of a club team of the relative size of Iceland or Wales being allowed to progress in a competition? The Big Clubs would go nuts, and then change the rules. International football is altogether more corinthian.

Guest BlueGaz

There's also the fact that club football is more and more devalued by money and TV and much more predictable.

What's the chances of a club team of the relative size of Iceland or Wales being allowed to progress in a competition? The Big Clubs would go nuts, and then change the rules. International football is altogether more corinthian.

Is it though? Referee being changed before Italy game coupled with an article in the news that competition would potentially lose 50m in sponsorship money if Scotland qualified instead of Italy. And said ref had been in trouble in the past?

Or did I [genuinely] dream that?

Edited by BlueGaz