One Year On. - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One Year On.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shows to me that nothing has changed over the years in the north branch's visceral hatred of the SNP.

Aye, indeed. And in their absence, some of their colleagues from the southern branch have taken to nat-bashing. Apparently two female SNP MPs were heckled by a group of Labour MPs this week.

Oh, and Winnie's point still stands: it still isn't quite clear how much Scottish exports raise for the UK exchequer!

The lovely Jeane Freeman is taking an awful lot of abuse from nasty Sheridan types on Twitter. Where's the ferocious bears in George square when you need them? :(

Jeanne Freeman's ace. Apparently she's standing for Holyrood next year, which is pleasing.

As for Tommy Sheridan, he still has the ability to beguile, I'll give him that. Banning the Sunday Herald - one of the very few pro-independence Scottish newspapers - from the press area is just bizarre though. Makes me wonder exactly what was going on in George Square today. :unsure:

He always has the one and seeks to have it repaired does he not? I remember in one issue someone gifted him a plastic bucket after his broke, and the plastic one couldn't hold his weight and it collapsed! Hilarious!

Childhood obesity is hilarious, is it?

For shame, Scunnered, for shame. :worried:

Someone want to explain why a ban is even possible not to mention how they enforced it ?

Regardless of everyone's opinion's about Sheridan it all seems to smell a bit like horseshit

I have been wrong before however

Personally id like to see him take a hiatus from the whole scene. Far too divisive

Edit - it appears to be horseshit as i thought

Eddi Reader has said there was absolutely no security. Nobody checking anyone

However it is now coming out that the Sunday Herald wanted backstage access and it is this which was refused

Edited by Ally Bongo

Someone want to explain why a ban is even possible not to mention how they enforced it ?

Regardless of everyone's opinion's about Sheridan it all seems to smell a bit like horseshit

I have been wrong before however

Personally id like to see him take a hiatus from the whole scene. Far too divisive

Edit - it appears to be horseshit as i thought

Eddi Reader has said there was absolutely no security. Nobody checking anyone

However it is now coming out that the Sunday Herald wanted backstage access and it is this which was refused

It was always out that it was the Press Pen they were turned away from, that's what the Herald reported earlier in the day. So not sure where the horseshit comes into it...

that's what the Herald reported earlier in the day. So not sure where the horseshit comes into it...

Och come on

#HopeOverFear organisers have also banned our reporter from George Square as well as our photographer. Now impossible for us to cover this

There'll be a full report tmrw on why the Sunday Herald can not report on the #HopeOverFear rally due to staff being banned from the event

Edited by Ally Bongo

So confrontational :lol:

Screenshot_2015-09-19-21-13-13_zpsxvvffb

:)

Yes - but they then went on to imply then had been banned from the whole event - it's certainly what i took from their second and third tweets that were retweeted

I dont follow them on Twitter

Xxx apologies for using my local vernacular if I offended your reading pleasure TOUGH

Did I look or sound offended? If you had a point then it's not really tough for me is it? Just sounds like a pish rant.

Great post Ersatz, thanks for that. The Hansard link made for fascinating - if uncomfortable - reading.

Going by that Winnie Ewing was treated disgustingly. The speaker ought to have insisted that Archie Manuel apologise to her; completely uncalled for comments. The Commons can still be a bit of a bear pit but MPs know they can't get away with as much as they used to.

Just an aside, but did you mean Wille Ross - the 'hammer of the nats' - rather than Ernie Ross? Willie Ross was certainly a contemporary of Winnie's but Ernie Ross was elected until 1979, after Winnie Ewing lost her seat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Ross

I did mean Willie Ross ! Argh :blush:

Winnie Ewing was bang on when she said that night.

"I am taking note of what the hon. Member said, and Scotland will take note of it, too."

At least Winnie is still here and saw the "the 56" elected :ok:

I more ormless blanked the anniversary apart from reading my timehop from last year which made me remember how shit I felt. I had to work nightshift the Saturday, got home the Sunday morning and that's when it sunk in, I drank half a bottle of whisky and felt sorry for myself. We will get there one day.