Migration To Europe - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for migration. In fact we are currently going through the process to emigrate to OZ. The hoops we have to jump through are phenomenal.

The problem with the EU is uncontrolled migration. Open borders make it far too easy for all sorts of people to move freely, our main saving grace is being an island. Can you imagine our problems if we were in Malta's location?

If you listen to the majority of interviews with illegals they want to come to us because they believe we offer them the best chance of s better life

Most of these people are economic migrants rather than real asylum seekers, if they want go come here they should have to apply and go through correct channels.

It is amazing that the uk doesn't have border checks on everyone coming and going. How is the country supposed to plan when it doesn't know how many people are coming in, where they are living, what their background is, what their job is, etc.

It's not racist to want to know these things - it's just common sense and should be applied to British citizens as well as other nationals. When you host a party you usually want an RSVP to know how many people to cater for...

It is amazing that the uk doesn't have border checks on everyone coming and going. How is the country supposed to plan when it doesn't know how many people are coming in, where they are living, what their background is, what their job is, etc.

It's not racist to want to know these things - it's just common sense and should be applied to British citizens as well as other nationals. When you host a party you usually want an RSVP to know how many people to cater for...

What are you amazed it? All arrivals from non domestic flights are checked - regardless of their nationality. There are however currently no disembarkation checks since these were scrapped in 1994. These will shortly be introduced. So you currently know how many are coming to your party but you are not sure how many will leave your hoose.

hello my friend l live in Bournemouth between Poole and Bournemouth itself there's something like 30 to 40.000 poles alone here and the poles themselves are honest hardworking people don't have anything against immigration just the amount that been freely allowed to come in don't know where you live mate but trying to get an appointment at the doctors can take up to 2 weeks due to the increase in migration our public services down here are truly at breaking point perhaps if you lived here then you may understand the situation a bit more also also you talk about net contribution not having a go but what about the 2 billion pounds that leave the banking system each year and goes over to Poland for instance

I live in the highlands and we have the same problem with our doctors too. Very little migrants though, maybe you should stop listening to the Daily Mail.

Stats on % of immigrants living in the UK. I think London and the South east have nearly 50 % of the population. Probably correct in terms migrants per population but it would be interesting to assess in terms of per population per square mile. I imagine Scotland will be up there with available land for development to do their bit. Table 1 - Distribution of foreign-born population, 2013

Region

London 36.2% South East 13.73% East 7.92% West Midlands 7.74% North West 7.32% Yorkshire & the Humber 6.22% East Midlands 5.91% South West 5.31% Scotland 4.42% Wales 2.0% North East 1.8% Northern Ireland 1.5%

Loads of foreign folk in Manchester but the city has been a stopping off - and sometimes home - destination for migrants from many countries since the 18th century (and before).

The Irish, the Jews many Asian and Caribbean citizens all washed up on the banks of the Irwell, Mersey and Manchester Ship Canal and for the most part, there was never too much of an issue with all nationalities getting on with their neighbours.

But around 10 years ago, the cultural mix began to be less of a multi-ethnic stew, becoming more of a toxic brew that is having an adverse effect on parts of the city. I've lived in the place for 50 years but I won't travel into a few places in Gtr Manchester - too risky.

Certain parts are now 'no go' areas for many drivers as 'crash for cash' gangs rule - OK!

Other locales are run by drug gangs, everyone knows who they are but few risk 'grassing'. Plod have had a lot of success of late, arresting perpetrators under proceeds of crime laws to pull them in. But no one is under any illusions that the drugs war can be won - we all know it can't.

Many newer arrivals can't find work and are easily recruited by those who know the script and have the new recruits front dodgy dealing. Well they would, wouldn't they?

Parts of Oldham, Rochdale, Gorton, Levenshulme, Longsight, Ardwick and Cheetham Hill, for decades, the first stop for many migrants over the years, are now barely recognisable as English. It's not just the appearance, it's a mindset. And, in many cases there is virtually no integration to talk about.

Irrespective of who is to blame for migrants heading to the UK for a better life, it's not healthy that the chasms between communities are widening with every tabloid scare story.

I do believe that every person who is genuinely escaping imprisonment, torture or even death for deeply held beliefs (as long as they don't impact adversely on the rest of the world), should be welcomed into Europe - and elsewhere if they'll have them.

'Open borders' patently don't work. And why should someone more devious or calculating than others jump into a country by their duplicity - they shouldn't, IMHO.

There is a case for financial migrants to be able to enter countries if they fit certain criteria - but no country can assimilate everyone that wants to travel for a better life.

At 61, I'm not sure I really give a shit, it's for you younger folk to deal with. But, I'd hate to see the country - and I mean the UK - descend into some Balkanesque quagmire for decades to come - and I'm not trying to be dramatic.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I stumbled on this:

Made me laugh but maybe I'm just a bit twisted.

When I see pictures of the kids in their parents arms, it really pulls my heart strings.

These poor people are in alot of cases war refugees. I really do have alot of sympathy for the parents, they are just trying to do the best they can for their family.

The scale of the refugee crisis is overwhelming.

Makes you appreciate how well off you are and fortunate enough to provide for your own family.

When I see pictures of the kids in their parents arms, it really pulls my heart strings.

These poor people are in alot of cases war refugees. I really do have alot of sympathy for the parents, they are just trying to do the best they can for their family.

The scale of the refugee crisis is overwhelming.

Makes you appreciate how well off you are and fortunate enough to provide for your own family.

agree, this is tragic to watch,. Even more tragic is the lack of post intervention strategies Western leaders have have to prevent such disasters in these countries.

The whole ISIS thing is crazy. What Country is actually benefitting by their ongoing violence? The whole word is just sitting back watching these ####ers. The United Nations is a joke, a castrated talking shop.

Can't get my head round it at all, they know their leaders, they know where they are & the whole world knows the barbaric & cruel way in which they operate, something just not adding up in this whole crazy civil war??

Iraq - military intervention to remove dictator and attempts to rebuild -> disaster

Libya - military intervention to remove dictator and no attempt to rebuild -> disaster

Syria - no intervention to remove dictator -> disaster

The whole ISIS thing is crazy. What Country is actually benefitting by their ongoing violence? The whole word is just sitting back watching these ####ers. The United Nations is a joke, a castrated talking shop.

Well, they're certainly being bankrolled by somebody/some country....