Best Ever Loan Signing - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Ever Loan Signing

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Declan McManus last season. Top scorer, player's player of the year and a league winner's medal. Paul McGowan did well in 2006-07 too but blotted his copybook by signing for St. Mirren amongst other more high profile crimes.

Beat me to it Mr. Kilt.

Charlie Adam was excellent too.

Aye - Charlie was excellent - for the first 60 mins of every match - after which he'd be blowing out his fat a*se.

Isma was superb....kinda got the goal feeling every time he got the ball in an advanced area of the pitch. Danny pulled a rabbit out the hat with him.

Graeme Carey's first spell with us was on loan...he was fit , hungry and outstanding. Rory Loy (who we got at the same time and has gone on to score goals elesewhere) - was dreadful in the few appearances he made.

John spencer!

Just popped into my head, he was brilliant at Motherwell until he got a contract!

Led to a great line in a Tam Cowan column though.

"John Spencer is in the team on merit."

"Aye, he merit the manager's sister." :lol:

From a St Mirren point of view, I guess football is all about winning major trophies, we had 3 loanees when we beat Hearts in the 2013 league cup final, Paul Dummet, Conor Newton and Esmael Concalves, all were pivotal in that success.

article-1038187-0209233A00000578-926_306

I was going to ask what happened to him, but just seen he was at Norwich last season and has signed for Almeria, I hadn't realised he was so old when he was at Rangers, I thought he was at least 5 years younger (he's a few days short of 34).

I think Gordon was made to look good by Eremenko.

He's done hee-haw since.

still very fond memories of Gordons final performance... I can still close my eyes and see the tackle at left back that started the move, bombing up the wing and then that cool pass to Johnson..... sends shivers up my spine