How Many Scottish Towns Have You Been To? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Many Scottish Towns Have You Been To?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of sh1te!

There are countless Scottish towns that aren't on that list.

Can we start a new game of towns that aren't on that list?

I'll get the ball rolling with a few I've been to

Largs

Ardrossan

Girvan

Portree

Fort William

Stranraer

Can't even be bothered continuing. Reckon there could be hundreds.

Also not withstanding all the east coasters jibe about loads being just Glasgow, surely the likes of Rutherglen, Cambuslang, Bearsden, Newton Mearns etc are really just Glasgow.

Largs

Stevenston

Dalry

Fairlie

Kilbirnie

West Kilbride

Beith

And that's just North Ayrshire!

What a load of sh1te!

There are countless Scottish towns that aren't on that list.

Can we start a new game of towns that aren't on that list?

I'll get the ball rolling with a few I've been to

Largs

Ardrossan

Girvan

Portree

Fort William

Stranraer

Can't even be bothered continuing. Reckon there could be hundreds.

Also not withstanding all the east coasters jibe about loads being just Glasgow, surely the likes of Rutherglen, Cambuslang, Bearsden, Newton Mearns etc are really just Glasgow.

No. It's either in Glasgow or it isn't - none of the above mentioned are.

St Kilda? Iona? Scalasaig? In what way are places with less than 100 population (0 in the case of St Kilda) towns? And where is Dalkeith, Eyemouth, Haddington, Kirkcudbright, Selkirk, Melrose, Montrose?

Despite that, I've still been to 81 of them. One or two gems of Ayrshire/Renfrewshire I've managed to avoid.

I realise that about half these 55 I've been to have come through following the Dons.

If I supported a shite wee team like Stranraer, Berwick, Rangers or Livingston my total would have went up to about 78.

Ya bastirt! Thought I was home and dry.

sorry Flora.. I do work for Visitscotland and was a Tour Guide for around 10 years before that... so was paid to go to most of them..

Double checked up to 92 now, i have been to Stonehouse... there was a garage there that fixed my Campervan a few times... Lanrkshire Stonehouse..

only Bellshill/wishaw/bonnyrigg/Glenrothes/Cowdenbeath/Broxburn/st kilda/broxburn have driven round Glenrothes, but i didnt count it...

I realise that about half these 55 I've been to have come through following the Dons.

If I supported a perfumed discharge wee team like Stranraer, Berwick, Rangers or Livingston my total would have went up to about 78.

You not from Fife? Had you supported your local side your total would be higher too!

Why aren't visit Scotland sending tourists to Bellshill and Wishaw?

:lol:

I got 54, thought I was on for 80 odds, but hardly been anywhere on the 3rd page.

Should have some more Lanarkshire ones! I've been to most of the towns in labarkshire.

Why aren't visit Scotland sending tourists to Bellshill and Wishaw?

:lol:

I got 54, thought I was on for 80 odds, but hardly been anywhere on the 3rd page.

Should have some more Lanarkshire ones! I've been to most of the towns in labarkshire.

I've always thought the way to get tourists to Lanarkshire is to turn the county into a tolerance zone for soft drugs. Think of all the pot heads who would flock to the brown cafe scene that would flourish after such a change, bringing money into the economy of an otherwise unvisited part of Scotland.

61. Might be a few more as until I was about 12, all our family holidays were up in the Highlands. Quite a lot of mine were one time deals through playing football, watching Killie in the second Division (only missed the infamous Methil trip), and chasing burds.

Like others, there are a few I've been to not mentioned - Stoneybridge, Brigadoon etc.

I've always thought the way to get tourists to Lanarkshire is to turn the county into a tolerance zone for soft drugs. Think of all the pot heads who would flock to the brown cafe scene that would flourish after such a change, bringing money into the economy of an otherwise unvisited part of Scotland.

Brilliant I will put hat one to the High Heid Yins...

Visit Lanarkshire..

Get Stoned in Stonehouse....

Get Wasted in Wishaw.

Get High In Hamilton...

Get Mellow in Motherwell..

Get Sorted in