Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ? - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ?

People have some odd opinions about hiw players play.

Anyone would think there was hidden agendas in these 'opinions'.

Tough ask from the outset but I still think we can do enough to progress.

Regardless though we'll keep the Scottish Flag flying.

oooooh love us, love us :lol:

fingers crossed you get pumped over there

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest was teriffic but Izzy and Efe are retards and that's probably an insult to retards everywhere. Its like groundhog day watching those two. Thought we were excellent going forward at times last night but defensively poor throughout.

The decision to let Matthews go is looking like a bad call now and Boyatta needs to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes!

Forrest was teriffic but Izzy and Efe are retards and that's probably an insult to retards everywhere. Its like groundhog day watching those two. Thought we were excellent going forward at times last night but defensively poor throughout.

The decision to let Matthews go is looking like a bad call now and Boyatta needs to learn to concentrate for 90 minutes!

I always thought Matthews was a good player. Maybe a financial decision to take the transfer fee and get the other boy in on a free?

I always thought Matthews was a good player. Maybe a financial decision to take the transfer fee and get the other boy in on a free?

Aye no doubt but everyone who knows anything about Janko reckon he's no good at right back...better further up. I like Lustig but he seems to be made of chocolate :-(

Frankly the boy Fisher frightens the life out of me :-o

Forrest WAS good.

Its funny how people see games differently. Regarding Forrest, I thought his performance was almost a perfect summation of him as a player. His pace unsettled Malmo last night and he worked very hard pressing their defence when they had the ball, as did all the front players, as well as working back well. However I thought, as is standard with him, he failed to create any real chances. There was a couple of minutes in the second half, just before Griffiths scored which were typical Forrest. He went round his man down the wing, came in, tried to play it into the box, his cross hit the first man. A minute later he came in off the right, again at speed, and ended up running into about 3 Malmo defenders. Its as if once he gets running he can't control where he is going to end up. For him having a terrific game, I can't remember him creating one clear cut chance. If terrific is a description of running very fast and working very hard, then yes, he was terrific. He actually reminds me of Aaron Lennon - very fast, will have moments of exceptional play, will really look the part but overall will struggle to do that consistently and almost always fail to deliver a meaningful final pass.

Regarding the game itself, they were all over the place at the start, we got the goals. They then started to get more into the game and for the last 10 minutes or so of first half were the better side and looked threatening. I remember looking at clock at about 41 mins and thinking "could do with HT right now". Apparently some people seem to think a game that swings in control from one team to the other is one team being "unprofessional". I just put it down to two quite evenly matched teams and each having bits of the game where they were better. They way they broke for the first goal suggests that they are a pretty decent team even if Brown should have been launching the ball that came to him out of the park with about 4-5 Malmo players breaking on us. Celtic should have seen the game out at 3-1 but there isn't a lot you can do with a corner 30 seconds from the end of injury time resulting in a goal. Johansen, IMO, was trying his best to run down the clock so I can't fault him for "fannying about" at the corner, it was the professional thing to do.

Unfortunately I think the 2nd goal will prove crucial. They will have Rosenberg back next week and have far more threat in attack and from a Celtic POV, Lustig looks goosed again so Ambrose will end up at right back. It would have been great to have Matthews there to step in but in the financially tight world of Scottish football £1.5m in the bank as opposed to walking away with no fee next season is always going to result in only one outcome. As for Izzaguirre, feck me he was very bad. I hope Mulgrew is fit and can step in at left back next week, anything would be an improvement on his performance last night.

People have some odd opinions about hiw players play.

Anyone would think there was hidden agendas in these 'opinions'.

Tough ask from the outset but I still think we can do enough to progress.

Regardless though we'll keep the Scottish Flag flying.

You will only keep the Scottish flag flying if you qualify, so not' regardless'

Malmo's defence should surely give Celtic plenty of hope for the 2nd leg.

The same can be said of Celtic's defence if Ambrose and Izzaguirre start.

didnt see the game. did GMS get on or is he just a euro bench warmer?

Yes, came on with about 15-20 to go for Armstrong who went off with a tight hamstring. Didn't do anything of note when on.

Rosenberg coming back will make them more of a threat but if we sit in with the kind of discipline we had against Qarabag we can hit them on the counter....I'm still optimistic even if no one else is!

With Ambrose and Izzaguerre as the full backs?

Good luck with that.

Haha I'll be watching through my fingers lol

Makes me remember games with Amoruso for us. Random defending with moments of real quality. Sadly not enough of the latter.

I was only listening to the game last night and switched off at 2-0 thinking it should be done. Watched the Rangers game and turned the radio back on right at the final whistle to hear the 2nd Malmo goal.

Couldn't quite believe the score.

Mulgrew has to play LB next week. Ambrose should be nowhere near a start. If lustig is out then janko should play.

How many first team games has Janko had in his career so far?

Wouldn't he be a big gamble?

Izzy will be fine at left back. His better performances for us have came away from home in Europe where he is not playing so far forward. It's Ambrose and Boyata that give me the fear. Both have concentration problems, which coupled with Ambrose footballing ability problems means I will watch the game from behind the couch.

What yesterday showed is that we can score against them also so it's not panic stations just yet. However, an early goal for them with us having to chase the game could see us losing by two or three.

Izzy will be fine at left back. His better performances for us have came away from home in Europe where he is not playing so far forward. It's Ambrose and Boyata that give me the fear. Both have concentration problems, which coupled with Ambrose footballing ability problems means I will watch the game from behind the couch.

What yesterday showed is that we can score against them also so it's not panic stations just yet. However, an early goal for them with us having to chase the game could see us losing by two or three.

It will be vital not to concede first for both teams. Possibly depend on who is the bravest when it comes to tactics on the day.