Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ? - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest played well last night. We dominated for the most part. 3-2 was not an accurate scoreline but in Europe you can't defend like that.

You dominated possession but Malmo had more attempts at goal.

What result would have reflected those stats?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/20/celtic-players-pigs-children-malmo

Celtic players behaved like pigs and children, says Malmos Johan Wiland

I thought Scott Browns behaviour at the end of the carrier bag game over there was embarrassing and disrespectful! (Over) celebrating right in the faces of their players and squaring upto them instead of shaking hands and congratulating his team mates.

Much more disrespectful than a failed attempt to skin his man.

:lol:

I'm amazed at how calm and articulate he can be 10 minutes after such behaviour, perhaps suggests it's a caricature?

Edited by sbcmfc

He is talking rubbish. Griffiths stood beside him at the second goal. Up to the goalie to get out to clear the ball in his own 6 yard box.

Yes but that nasty boy Griffiths was tugging players shirts. How disgraceful!

God help this keeper if he plays against an Italian team. ?

Yes but that nasty boy Griffiths was tugging players shirts. How disgraceful!

God help this keeper if he plays against an Italian team.

We go on about our players sometimes being naive and "unprofessional" in the dark arts of footballing noising up of opponents but to moan about getting your shirt pulled at a corner and your opponents trying to upset you verbally, FFS, it sounds a bit....soft. Which I am sure they are not.

As Mr Rocket says above, a goalie should be in charge of his 6 yard box and not getting pushed about. Given the level of protection goalies get nowadays he could have went all WWE around his 6 yard box and still got awarded the free kick. Instead he let that man mountain Griffiths bully him.

I think that GMS is destined to be a permanent feature on Celtic's bench (as he often was on United's).

Skilful player, no consistency.

I think a lot of that was due to injuries and a few of us on here commented on that previously.

Whereas I can see Armstrong eventually taking over the captaincy from Brown if he stays at Celtic long enough.

I think a lot of that was due to injuries and a few of us on here commented on that previously.

Whereas I can see Armstrong eventually taking over the captaincy from Brown if he stays at Celtic long enough.

He's been unlucky with injuries, but he's always been a bit of a luxury player. Brilliant when his team's on top, but a passenger when things aren't going well....not really a player to dig in and turn a game.

I'm still a bit surprised Celtic went for him.

I agree about Armstrong. Very impressive, and it can't be long until we see him in Scotland squads.

Very nervous about tonight.

I can understand that but Celtic should go through barring any major disasters such as a red card or penalty early doors. Malmo aren't better than Celtic but are dangerous. Stop the stupid mistakes and you'll be fine.

Hopefully Malmo go through.

Celtic will then be deprived of £10 million of revenue and will have to play many of their league matches on Sundays for the next few months.

A Celtic exit can be nothing but good for Aberdeen.

I also hope Celtic get beat but solely because I'm insanely jealous of the top tier sides getting £150k each (or 3/4 of a James Tavernier) should Celtic qualify, whilst us lower league, bread and butter clubs receive nil. I'm fed up with having to take scraps that the cash cow SPFL Premiership clubs deem worthy of allowing us. Unfair.

Hopefully Malmo go through.

Celtic will then be deprived of £10 million of revenue and will have to play many of their league matches on Sundays for the next few months.

A Celtic exit can be nothing but good for Aberdeen.

Throw in a couple of long trips to "far Eastern Europe" (i.e. Asia) in the UEFA groups and that would be the icing on the cake.

Throw in a couple of long trips to "far Eastern Europe" (i.e. Asia) in the UEFA groups and that would be the icing on the cake.

Hopefully they get Kairat Almaty in the groups (if they get past Bordeaux)