Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Celtic Vs Malmo, Who Will Qualify ?

In fairness only Craig Gotdon has(until last week). We where terrible last year.

Which is partly my point. Although I'd suggest Broony has done ok against the bigger teams too.

Not been a stand out but he's done well enough.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have seen a lot of him and he is a great prospect but I have seen others as highly thought of who went on to do nothing. VvD is a more mature player, good on the ball and never rushed and at this moment in time a much better player than stones. If he was English then £30 million would be standard.

You have just admitted you haven't seen much of stones but list the exact same qualities that stones has shown in a far tougher league and conclude that VvD is a better player. I'll have to respectfully disagree. I do agree he would be far higher rated and valued financially if he played elsewhere than Scotland though which is the point I was originally trying to make. Automatically our league leads to a devaluation of a player, rightly or wrongly. On that we obviously agree.

Stones is decent, nothing more. He was at fault for Watfords second yesterday.

Yes he was. I'd agree. Id trust Jose mourinho's opinion on him more than yours though to be fair. He rates him and has made two 20+ million pound bids for him. You don't. An individual, extremely unusual error from a young guy doesn't make him "decent, no more".

Yes he was. I'd agree. Id trust Jose mourinho's opinion on him more than yours though to be fair. He rates him and has made two 20+ million pound bids for him. You don't. An individual, extremely unusual error from a young guy doesn't make him "decent, no more".

He also thinks gary cahill is a good player and that his players dont dive.....

He also thinks gary cahill is a good player and that his players dont dive.....

No he says his players don't dive, they do of course and will be encouraged to do so. I was with a club up here who did training on how to dive. It's part of the game, unfortunately. And Gary Cahill is a good player. You don't get to the level he has without being so.

Just seen it. Never a penalty in a million years!

As a jag I'd completely agree. The issue about handball decisions would be much better served if it went back to what the laws say. Itentional handball = foul. This interpretation that Fifa have dictated about the unnatural position just confuses the issue. If you don't mean to hand ball it it's not a foul if you do it is. Simple. Intent can be misinterpreted obviously but It makes it so much easier for refs and fans and goes back to how the game was meant to be played.

I wonder what games folk watch. VVD strolls through games in Scotland, where his team dominate and he gets to stroll forward with the ball. He's an excellent footballer, what he is not very good at is defending, which is kind of important for a defender...

Watch Celtic's European games from last year, watch how often he's poorly positioned and players get in behind him. Watch how often he gives away free kicks in stupid positions. Look how often he is indisciplined and gets himself cautioned.

Celtic playing Malmö at the worst possible moment really. They've finally started to get their act together after underperforming for the first half of the season. Salzburg plus big win v Göteborg will have given them a lot of confidence. Playing the first leg at Parkhead is a killer too.

Think if Celtic keep a clean sheet at home they have a strong chance of going through, but otherwise...

I wonder what games folk watch. VVD strolls through games in Scotland, where his team dominate and he gets to stroll forward with the ball. He's an excellent footballer, what he is not very good at is defending, which is kind of important for a defender...

Watch Celtic's European games from last year, watch how often he's poorly positioned and players get in behind him. Watch how often he gives away free kicks in stupid positions. Look how often he is indisciplined and gets himself cautioned.

My thoughts almost exactly. Good with the ball at his feet but very Boumsong in his defending under pressure from better teams.

My thoughts almost exactly. Good with the ball at his feet but very Boumsong in his defending under pressure from better teams.

He's a good player, but the Dutch won't pick him for their international team as they don't trust him playing for (what they consider) a diddy club in a diddy league.

If he's able to prove himself at a higher level then I've no doubt that international caps will follow, but Scottish football is pretty much laughed at here in Holland, and strolling around games against Hamilton doesn't impress anyone.

Oh..and, Celtic will go through, narrowly.

Edited by Rossy

I usually support Scottish teams in Europe but, for the good of the game here, I would prefer Celtic to get beat. They will lose the millions so might have to stop buying the best players in Scotland for a season. the fans will stop going in even bigger numbers so even more money lost. Hopefully though they can get a few wins in the Europa group stage so it doesn't mean our coefficient drops even further so win win for everybody

Oh and VVD will be sold

Edited by dipped flake

I usually support Scottish teams in Europe but, for the good of the game here, I would prefer Celtic to get beat. They will lose the millions so might have to stop buying the best players in Scotland for a season. the fans will stop going in even bigger numbers so even more money lost. Hopefully though they can get a few wins in the Europa group stage so it doesn't mean our coefficient drops even further so win win for everybody

Oh and VVD will be sold

If Celtic go out of the CL before the group stages there is more chance they will be buying in Scotland IMO. Its generally a cheaper market, bar the odd exception from overseas.

If Celtic go out of the CL before the group stages there is more chance they will be buying in Scotland IMO. Its generally a cheaper market, bar the odd exception from overseas.

never thought of it like that I can see your point. Hopefully next season the whole country can get behind Hearts in the CL

Malmo have goals, Celtic don't. Hope i'm wrong.

I reckon the Malmo manager will come away from Rugby Park feeling quite confident.

Also weren't celtic seeded ? So I am suprised to see they at home in the first leg. Surely it would be more of an advantage to be at home in the second leg ?

:blink:

I reckon the Malmo manager will come away from Rugby Park feeling quite confident.

Also weren't celtic seeded ? So I am suprised to see they at home in the first leg. Surely it would be more of an advantage to be at home in the second leg ?

:blink:

I hope he did come away feeling confident...assuming everyone's fit only 5/6 of our likely starting line up were on show although Forrest might have played his way in

I hope he did come away feeling confident...assuming everyone's fit only 5/6 of our likely starting line up were on show although Forrest might have played his way in

Assuming Celtic have a full first team how do you think it'll go?