Michelle Mone Made Tory Peer - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Michelle Mone Made Tory Peer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

You want to hear her on Woman's Hour now. 'I'm a brand expert, inventor and designer...I'm the top woman speaker...' 'I won't take the expenses (House of Lords) but I'll look into how they can be given to charity (hint- take the expenses, give them away)'. Self-important, self-aggrandising shite. Also took every opportunity to mention IDS, as in 'when Iain Duncan-Smith asked me to...'. Ugh.

• 4 weeks later...

You want to hear her on Woman's Hour now. 'I'm a brand expert, inventor and designer...I'm the top woman speaker...' 'I won't take the expenses (House of Lords) but I'll look into how they can be given to charity (hint- take the expenses, give them away)'. Self-important, self-aggrandising shite. Also took every opportunity to mention IDS, as in 'when Iain Duncan-Smith asked me to...'. Ugh.

Did one of her companies not report a massive drop in profits yesterday?

Did one of her companies not report a massive drop in profits yesterday?

Might be wrong but I think it was one of her companies she recently (and conveniently) severed all ties with, made a £400,000 loss.

It's pretty obvious that she shagged her way to the top.

• 2 weeks later...

The HoL actually voted for the two Labour amendments to delay and rejected the LibDemamendment to scrap. Wonder what Osbornes next move will be.

Aye, I know, just couldn't be arsed typing that out :lol:

Don't really understand what's gone on here, except it's undoubtedly some Machiavellian scheme cooked up between the government and HoL.

Aye, I know, just couldn't be arsed typing that out :lol:

Don't really understand what's gone on here, except it's undoubtedly some Machiavellian scheme cooked up between the government and HoL.

The government tried to pull a fast one by putting the tax credits cuts through as a statutory instrument, which meant that it was subject to a lot less scrutiny in the commons. Basically by they wanted to push it through as quickly as possible before people figured out what was going on.

Problem being that using this approach meant the Lords could defeat it, so a real tactical blunder by the government.

Also worth noting that there was a Lib Dem amendment that could have scrapped the whole thing which failed because Labour abstained.

The HoL actually voted for the two Labour amendments to delay and rejected the LibDemamendment to scrap. Wonder what Osbornes next move will be.

It'll involve saving his own arse given that he won't want to appear weak and give his fellow contenders for the Tory leadership an advantage in the race to succeed the pig shagger.

This is the guy that happily wasted millions of pounds of public money on a series of contrived and weak jokes against Labour in his last budget speech before the election. The only thing that's certain is that his motivation from here onwards won't involve helping the vulnerable people that his tax credit plans have targeted.

Also worth noting that there was a Lib Dem amendment that could have scrapped the whole thing which failed because Labour abstained.

Not clear if it that amendment had any chance of passing?

But it seems a setback for the Tories.