Bbc Licence Fee - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bbc Licence Fee

It is bad enough that they exist and do what they do but for us to be made to explicitly pay for this out of all the taxes we pay which are not differentiated has to be an inside joke with these kunts.

Sort of like when they send the family an invoice for the bullet they use to execute a relative.

Surely by now, someone could have come up with a TV that only shows Catch-Up TV.

Maybe the TV LIcencing/Govt wouldn't allow it? But how hard could it be?

I guess you could just get a big eff off monitor and one of those Now TV boxes? Must be a way of getting freeview TV without BBC on it!

I'd be quite happy not watching the Beeb live again, I often with my work patters watch shows the next day on the catch-up facility on Sky. But my missus would moan a bit about having to wait to watch her Eastenders!

When you think of all the state assets that have been privatized phart it is especially telling that they never sold off the BBC. Too valuable to them (as now all can see).

I must admit though how many can be so shocked bemuses me. Where have they been the last ten years?

When you think of all the state assets that have been privatized phart it is especially telling that they never sold off the BBC. Too valuable to them (as now all can see).

I must admit though how many can be so shocked bemuses me. Where have they been the last ten years?

As i said i was glad that the independence debate has highlighted to people how biased the debate is, they know it's biased because everyone is at least moderately clued up on whats what. After the David Kelly debacle and the government forced out the BBC it was occupied territory from there on in.

I used to work there, one thing that always bugged the local mgt was the bad pr the beeb got when scottish viewers got the jingoistic national feed when england in the world cup.

They were always keen on ideas on to how to seem more scottish.

I suggested switching the Union Jack flying from Queen Margaret drive to the Saltire.

went down like a house on fire, not.

As i said i was glad that the independence debate has highlighted to people how biased the debate is, they know it's biased because everyone is at least moderately clued up on whats what. After the David Kelly debacle and the government forced out the BBC it was occupied territory from there on in.

Yep, the BBC were fairly skeptical of Blair's Iraq lies up until they set Dyke up for a fall.

After that it has been a full blown arm of state propaganda, it always was to a certain extent but now it is really Orwellian in nature.

I know thplinth and phart (among others perhaps) were banging on about the media bias ages ago but reality is most of us (me certainly) were to busy to take much notice . Its now taken the referendum, in which we have ridiculous levels of interest, to make it clear. I wish we'd picked it up sooner.

I know thplinth and phart (among others perhaps) were banging on about the media bias ages ago but reality is most of us (me certainly) were to busy to take much notice . Its now taken the referendum, in which we have ridiculous levels of interest, to make it clear. I wish we'd picked it up sooner.

It's been a slow burn for me.

When I look back at me at University, braying at us to invade Iraq and watching daily carnage, convinced about the WMDs.

That was the start of my doubt, in the aftermath, and seeing how we left that country.

I am now a cynical bar steward, I see what the MSM say and then base my own news gathering on debunking what they are saying, or at least see what we are not being told or the slant.

This week has just blown me away. The mechanisms of State swinging into action, Government, Money, Business, Media.

It's time to stand up and be counted.

J

I was a bit reluctant to stop paying the licence fee. I would only want do it legally so was a bit worried about how I would cope (sad I know) but Nick Robinson and my final realisation of the propoganda being spouting about the NHS in England have been the final straws. I only really watch two things regularly which I can watch on demand along with anything else that crops up.

I can get everything I need from the internet. I actually don't think I could even watch anything on the BBC now so dusgusted I am by their arrogance and level of deception..

Out of everything that has happened the BBC has made me the most angry! I detest and despise them with a passion..

Two years ago I had a guy from the BBC at my door asking to inspect my property, I refused obviously. He stated that as I didnt have a TV Licence they were entitled to check, I did however have a Licence so the pratt was obviously at the wrong door, not that I told him that. It went on for a good while us arguing, and at one point he said he was just going to come in, I told him if he tried that I would be forced to take action, now anyone who has met me will know that I dont look like a fighter, he threatened to get the police up for obstruction and threatening behaviour, which I asked him to do. In the end he walked away and I heard nothing else from them.

These people are the lowest of the low, using scare tactics and intimidation.

I no longer have a TV Licence, Im not paying these people to insult me, fck them.

Two years ago I had a guy from the BBC at my door asking to inspect my property, I refused obviously. He stated that as I didnt have a TV Licence they were entitled to check, I did however have a Licence so the pratt was obviously at the wrong door, not that I told him that. It went on for a good while us arguing, and at one point he said he was just going to come in, I told him if he tried that I would be forced to take action, now anyone who has met me will know that I dont look like a fighter, he threatened to get the police up for obstruction and threatening behaviour, which I asked him to do. In the end he walked away and I heard nothing else from them.

These people are the lowest of the low, using scare tactics and intimidation.

I no longer have a TV Licence, Im not paying these people to insult me, fck them.

They have no legal right to enter your home without a warrant. :ok: