Scotrail - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I know for certain that Abellio ScotRail (to give their proper name), have a large number of pending projects which are in the planning phase at the moment. They are still in a handover period with First ScotRail and once those jobs are completed and the accounts finalised (e.g. my project at Johnstone Station), you'll perhaps see more progress at station level. These transitions take time.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for certain that Abellio ScotRail (to give their proper name), have a large number of pending projects which are in the planning phase at the moment. They are still in a handover period with First ScotRail and once those jobs are completed and the accounts finalised (e.g. my project at Johnstone Station), you'll perhaps see more progress at station level. These transitions take time.

does anybody know when the smartcard readers will become active on more routes?

The wee machines have been on my route (cathcart circle) for almost ten months but no news on when you can start using them.

does anybody know when the smartcard readers will become active on more routes?

The wee machines have been on my route (cathcart circle) for almost ten months but no news on when you can start using them.

I assumed they were smart card readers, but wasn't sure! How do they work?

Guest allyc

As we move forward into the future I think it great news they have decided to cut travel links to the north by a 3Rd on a weekend.nothing like progress.

Edited by allyc

I assumed they were smart card readers, but wasn't sure! How do they work?

You tap your card on it before you board then tap your card on it when you get off. They work the same way as the Oyster card in London

From the adverts on the back of their buses I think a First Glasgow driver will earn about £20k a year - probably a bit more with overtime and bonuses. A pittance in view of all the crap they must have to put up with from drunks, junkies and aggressive passengers - not to say the stress of negotiating a double decker through heavy traffic.

My mate lasted 6 months before quitting

Train drivers have their own stress situations. SPAD [signal passed at danger] and they are out.

Plus having to restrain from the bevvy as zero tolerance at work.

Boredom on long journeys a problem with only their " executive salary" to think about.

Train drivers have their own stress situations. SPAD [signal passed at danger] and they are out.

Plus having to restrain from the bevvy as zero tolerance at work.

Boredom on long journeys a problem with only their " executive salary" to think about.

Trundling round and round the Cathcart Circle would be enough to send anyone over the edge.

What's the spoof Facebook page which is doing the rounds just now. I saw it on Friday and mustn't have liked it

It's absolutely hilarious. Very well done. It is actually the real name of Abellio Scotrail which makes it even funnier.

Guest flumax

It's absolutely hilarious. Very well done. It is actually the real name of Abellio Scotrail which makes it even funnier.

care to share a link?

I remember the hourly service I had to rely on as a teen in darkest loyal Lanarkshire. No Sunday service. And last train at 11pm. Don't know how I did it.

Now I feel genuine disdain for the 'shitty' service if I need to wait 5 minutes for a metro. People complain a lot about the Paris metro because it's a city if moaning c*nts. But objectively speaking it's brilliant. From September it'll cost 70 EUR (50 GBP) a month to go ANYWHERE in the region, including the airports. And your work is legally obliged to cover 50% if that.

And what's the difference between RATP and scotrail? RATP is still state owned. Yeah, state owned transport is a bad idea, right?

Actually if you look closely at London buses they're also run by the RATP. So now Londoners, paying their 700 quid a month, are effectively subsidising Parisians.

If they are paying £700 a month they live nowhere near London.

Guest flumax

If they are paying £700 a month they live nowhere near London.

thought I would check as I'm bored in my train home.

The nearest place in could see if that order was Canterbury on HS1. Portsmouth, Southampton reading, Nottingham all 500 ish.

I thought it was something like that but couldn't find it when I looked for. It'll have been taken down for being libellous probably Edited by DoonTheSlope

The nearest place in could see if that order was Canterbury on HS1. Portsmouth, Southampton reading, Nottingham all 500 ish.

You are a genius. Bugger the arguments about extra runways at Heathrow or Gatwick or even Boris's twat idea for an island in the Thames estuary.

I give you London Sourhampton airport. ;-)

Probably closer than Stanstead.

You are a genius. Bugger the arguments about extra runways at Heathrow or Gatwick or even Boris's twat idea for an island in the Thames estuary.

I give you London Sourhampton airport. ;-)

Probably closer than Stanstead.

Flybe already do that...

• 1 month later...

I was actually speaking in "euros" but even then it's probably a bit much. How much is an all-zone, full access monthly travel pass in London then?

Utter shower of künts. Train cancelled due to 'staff shortages'.

B They have practically given up on our line due to staff shortages on a Sunday.For the last two months it's been nigh on impossible to get a train into Glasgow.

There's MPs on their case now

B They have practically given up on our line due to staff shortages on a Sunday.For the last two months it's been nigh on impossible to get a train into Glasgow.

There's MPs on their case now

A nonsense in this day and age. The Edinburgh - Helensburgh line is one of the worst - as I found out to my cost this evening (not for the first time) - not as if the Clachan is exactly next door either - I was committed to the tackle once I'd arrived.