Alistair Darling....peerage! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alistair Darling....peerage!

Seems like our favourite No campaigner is getting his reward of ermine from his beloved Westminster overlords.

Whoodah thunk it, eh?

*At last Gordon Brown does something honourable, by refusing his offer of a peerage*

A Labour source also told the newspaper that David Blunkett and Alistair Darling are in line for peerages, while Gordon Brown is thought to have refused the honour.

The list of nominess was drawn up by former Labour leader Ed Miliband, but is reportedly being delayed as interim leader Harriet Harman adds names of her own, which are thought to include her long-standing adviser, Ayesha Hazarika.

- See more at: https://www.politicshome.com/party-politics/articles/story/jack-straw-denied-peerage-over-lobbying-scandal#sthash.6Nqw6Ncl.dpuf

I'm only surprised that anyone's surprised (if indeed they are).

I do wonder, though, if that young man carrying the banner proclaiming support for a workers' republic ever genuinely believed in one? Maybe he did - just not for Scotland or the UK.

I'm only surprised that anyone's surprised (if indeed they are).

I do wonder, though, if that young man carrying the banner proclaiming support for a workers' republic ever genuinely believed in one? Maybe he did - just not for Scotland or the UK.

Perhaps he did indeed until realising there were greater personal rewards available by changing his view....

Perhaps he did indeed until realising there were greater personal rewards available by changing his view....

Yep, that's most probably it. He's hardly unique there, especially in Labour circles.

Treacherous self serving shitebag. Sold his own country for his own personal gain. Lowest of the low. Fkin scumbag.

:yikes3:

Tower of London for you, Mr Bzzzz!

(Not that I necessarily disagree with you though)

Sir Alistair Darling initially correct

:lol:

I think people have missed out FCKING COWARD from the various descriptions of Darling.

He knew he would get stuffed if he stood for re-election and chose instead to skulk off to the House of Losers along with all the other useless undemocratic parasites that populate those red benches...

And by the way, none of them pay any tax on their Lords salaries !!!

Scum the lot of them

Exile, indeed.

And obviously no point whatsoever.

Mr Darling of course left behind being a workers' representative many years ago, if he ever was at all.