Thank You Ireland - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thank You Ireland

Absolutely fantastic hosts.

Great craic, brilliant sense of humour and extremely magnanimous in the face of a pretty poor result from their point of view.

Only Croatia can rival the hospitality they showed us IMO.

If only we could BOTH be at Euro 2016 and play each other in France.

What a party that would be.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second that Scott. Didn't converse on the Questions for Dublin thread, but took notes and enjojed some great boozers. Thanks lads!

Everyone's been great with us here. Smashin'folks. Even those who have suddenly been wanting to talk more about rugby now :wink2:

Absolutely wonderful trip. My liver is biting my back!

Dublin simply is a wonderful city. Great Guinness, great old fashioned pubs. Great banter. I wish I could have stayed one more night to try a few more of the hostelries.

But thanks especially to the Irish fans. They will have been well pissed off at not winning such a crucial game but were very gracious and very welcoming up in block 502.

I hope it is not too long before we play the ROI in a campaign.

Was in section 502, with a few Irish boys sitting next to us. They were superb company and sang along with our songs. At end of game they made a point of shaking our hands and wishing us all the best and a safe journey home. Was a great trip, with great hosts. Cheers to the Irish.

We were up there snd it was the same. And in the bar "the bath" afterwards everyone was sound and wishing us all the best.

Thanks to all the staff and irish fans from THE GINGER MAN pub just down from our hotel and about 15 mins walk from the stadium.We had a great time there and the way you treated us was fantastic.All the irish were great and its just a pity we are in the same group and cant play them in france next summer unless things change.