Thank You Ireland - Page 3 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thank You Ireland

Without dragging this thread off topic I am somewhat glad we're not a divided country like Scotland or Northern Ireland. I can't fathom what it must be like to know half the population think they're something else. But in saying that - the amount of English i've come across who think Ireland is in the United Kingdom is ridiculous. Very annoying.

Went on a taxi tour of Belfast on route back to the airport...WOW! its 2015 and some of the things you see is unbelievable. Maybe just the time of year we are but seems to be a far bigger issue raised and pointed out the identity on the Protestant side whilst the calic side just seem to be quietly going about their business.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dublin had to be the best Scotland trip I have been on.Travelled by bus and ferry with some really good people and our hotel was great.it helps when your room partner does nae drink. Temple bar on Friday ,Saturday and Sunday was just bouncing with us and quite a few Irish fans. its just fantastic to see both sets of fans getting on so well. Prices of drink was a bit high in town but we were only E4.50 in our place and along the road only E2 a pint.

Arrived back last night :cheers3: (Wednesday). Chatting to Adam Rooney on the Aer Lingus flt back to ABZ. He was a bit disappointed at not playing against us but looking forward to the Dons Euro draw. Nice fella, easy to chat to like every other Irish person on this trip.

Brilliant seeing the Tartan Specials on Saturday.

Stayed and did the tourist thing and nearly OD'ed on the Gennius :-)) Swords & Malahide were great wee trips and only 3.50 Euros from the city centre. Great boozers, restaurants, people and the Guid Stuff. We started to talk about potentially retiring there until we saw the property prices..... :shocked:

Back on topic. One of the best things about this trip was the way the locals and home supporters bought into the party spirit. it was one big party in Murray's on Sat night and that was with a good mix of locals/Ireland fans joining in.

Unfortunately couldn't make it to the game, but love Ireland.

Great country. Great people, and wonderful hospitality. Used to live with an Irish flatmate in Solna and we'd be dead probably if we continued living together. After a long weekend drinking, it would be Tuesday and one day sober "fancy a few beers for the errr.... errr.. Leyton Orient - Wycombe match?'' Sure, why not!

P.S If anyone has a half-half scarf that they are willing to sell, please give me a PM, my pal is 1/2 Irsh/Scottish and would like one for his wee basement bar along side the Tricolour and Saltire.

P.S If anyone has a half-half scarf that they are willing to sell, please give me a PM, my pal is 1/2 Irsh/Scottish and would like one for his wee basement bar along side the Tricolour and Saltire.

I have one that I can send you but don't want any money for it.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to bump into any of the Irish lads who posted on here........however three times on pit stops on the way up to the harcourt hotel I had random strangers buy me a drink. Something I've not experienced too often apart from Croatia where it seemed to happen in nearly every bar!

Great weekend in in great company....as the thread says thank you ;-)