Thank You Ireland - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thank You Ireland

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wtf:

Pubs, restaurants hotels and at the match every Irish person we met made a huge effort to be friendly and welcoming.

Top class people and a complete pleasure to visit such a lovely country.

Fantastic Weekend Thru-out cant Belive its Tuesday already :shocked::shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

back to norm now just a sare throat :wtf::wave::wave:

Can only echo what everyone's saying - top trip and the Irish were superb hosts. The craic, warmth and friendliness throughout the weekend was first class and I hope to revisit Dublin and other parts of the country in the future.

Four of us were staying in apartment above a pub - fantastic in itself - about 15 minutes walk from Temple Bar. We were the only Scots in the place all weekend as it was a bit out of the way but everyone in there, from the landlord and staff to the regulars, couldn't have been more welcoming to us. The banter we had with them was a real highlight.

Mixing with the home fans before and after the game was great fun too but another highlight for me was a walking tour we went on on Sunday. Led by students, our guide was extremely knowledgeable and full of humour as you'd expect. A great way to spend 2-3 hours and find out a bit more about Dublin and Ireland's history.

Was absolutely burst yesterday - an early flight to Glasgow and the amount of Guinness consumed over the three days did me in!

Superb trip overall though. Loved it.

If we don't qualify I might just travel over for a game or two and wear a Scottish jersey.

If you're going to glory-hunt, follow a better team. It's fecking shite supporting Scotland :lol:

Amazing weekend, probably a lot different to most of the fans over there but a totally amazing weekend. Weather superb, spent sunday on the beach which i never imagined when i planned the trip. Home via belfast and the city tour to see some truley frightening areas.

Even got myself engaged in Dublin :yikes3:

Amazing weekend, probably a lot different to most of the fans over there but a totally amazing weekend. Weather superb, spent sunday on the beach which i never imagined when i planned the trip. Home via belfast and the city tour to see some truley frightening areas.

Even got myself engaged in Dublin :yikes3:

One of the Irish fans I bumped into in Hospitality (sections 424-421) told me that a guy was going to propose that weekend - were you him?

Either way, congratulations :)

Many congratulations Mate to ye both

One of the Irish fans I bumped into in Hospitality (sections 424-421) told me that a guy was going to propose that weekend - were you him?

Either way, congratulations :)

wasnt me as i kept it quiet but cheers lads. Downside... saving for the wedding so cant afford both us to go to gibratlar game. Il send her a postcard though :wave::wub:

wasnt me as i kept it quiet but cheers lads. Downside... saving for the wedding so cant afford both us to go to gibratlar game. Il send her a postcard though :wave::wub:

Congratulations :ok::ok: :ok:

Without dragging this thread off topic I am somewhat glad we're not a divided country like Scotland or Northern Ireland. I can't fathom what it must be like to know half the population think they're something else. But in saying that - the amount of English i've come across who think Ireland is in the United Kingdom is ridiculous. Very annoying.

Edited by TheBoysinGreen

Without dragging this thread off topic I am somewhat glad we're not a divided country like Scotland or Northern Ireland. I can't fathom what it must be like to know half the population think they're something else. But in saying that - the amount of English i've come across who think Ireland is in the United Kingdom is ridiculous. Very annoying.

Half the population are differing genders.

A large percentage of the population of differing sexual orientations.

A large percentage of the population believe in some form of God.

It's not essential to define ourselves by whether we believe in independence or not. I know many people who voted No. That in itself does not devalue their character or make me think less of them.

We have a full blown international border through our country. Partitionist talk like that from an Irish man is much more annoying that the ignorance of some English boy.