Barry Bannan In The Auld Dubliner - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barry Bannan In The Auld Dubliner

Debian

Jeez I wonder how we are climbing up the rankings if you believe a number of Tambers then Bannan, Whittaker, Ritchie, Forsyth, Adam, Hutton, Hanley, Berra, Wilson, Steven Fletcher, Chris Martin and a fair few others have been labelled as pish and don't let you tell them any differently. Christ knows how we are on such a run.

Do you post anything on here that isn't moaning at the moaners?

Won't find a bigger advocate of Strachan than me but if you're not prepared to discuss his mistakes then maybe you need to take the blinkers off

Won't find a bigger advocate of Strachan than me but if you're not prepared to discuss his mistakes then maybe you need to take the blinkers off

What are you wittering about? Just posted up about Strachan's selection cock-up. The thing is with moaners is they moan like naebody's business even when we get favourable results. Hell we are in the best form we have been for years and still the board is awash of Forsyth is pish, Ritchie is Tom Kyte, Whittaker isn't up to it, Fletcher should be axed, Hutton is crap blah blah blah. I shudder to think what this board would be like if we had Levein back. The admins would have to be put on suicide alert.

And all bar Broon are Championship standard players. That's us let's be honest.

Seriously? Darren Fletcher, James Morrison and James McArthur are all established EPL players. I'm not saying they are going to be playing for the top clubs - although if he hadn't had the illness, I think Fletcher would still be at Man Utd - but they are all solid players. I fully expect both WBA and Palace to have decent season next year under Pulis and Pardew and for these guys to be a big part of that.

Edited by aaid

Ok I'll rewind....

80% of our squad.

No I wouldn't even say that.

From our latest squad Samson, Gordon, Hutton, Mulgrew, Reynolds, Robertson, Adam, Bannan, Brown, D. Fletcher, Forrest, Maloney, Morrison, McArthur, Fletcher, Griffiths and Naismith all play in the top flight. That is 17 players out of 26 so around 66% of our squad are top flight and 34% Championship. And if you look at those in the Champioship they have top flight and Champions League experience in the form of Marshall and Whittaker plus many of them have top flight experience in the past.

No I wouldn't even say that.

From our latest squad Samson, Gordon, Hutton, Mulgrew, Reynolds, Robertson, Adam, Bannan, Brown, D. Fletcher, Forrest, Maloney, Morrison, McArthur, Fletcher, Griffiths and Naismith all play in the top flight. That is 17 players out of 26 so around 66% of our squad are top flight and 34% Championship. And if you look at those in the Champioship they have top flight and Champions League experience in the form of Marshall and Whittaker plus many of them have top flight experience in the past.

Whittaker, Martin and Anya can all now be classed as top flight players after Norwich and Watford got promoted.

Whittaker, Martin and Anya can all now be classed as top flight players after Norwich and Watford got promoted.

Ritchie too after Bournemouth went up as Champions of the Championship.

Yes but if we are being fair you'd need to take Robertson (relegated with Hull) and Bannan (who is as good as between clubs). But doing so actually increases the top flighters to 18 and reducing the Championship quota to 8 so makes it around 70% top flight squad and 30% Championship and even then those in the championship have had plenty of top flight experience in their careers.

3 pages and not one person has commented on Bannan buying Jager bombs ?

Aye thats what we want for our International footballers :wtf:

3 pages and not one person has commented on Bannan buying Jager bombs ?

Aye thats what we want for our International footballers :wtf:

I'm guessing this is a pisstake?

Out injured and the season over don't see any problem,

Even if he wasn't injured. End of season. They have a few weeks to enjoy themselves and Dublin is a good place to start that.

save the petty arguments for other threads - I want to know more about the bevvy sesh in The Auld Dubliner and the South American girls in the boozer across the street

Someone had a wig that was Christian dailly esque. It was passed around the boozer from person to person and the dailly song was sung for a good 20 minutes non stop.