Forsyth - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forsyth

Dillinger

I don't think he is shite just that for the first half yest he was. Skinned twice in first 5 mins by Walters and at times didn't look like he knew where he was but fair play too him, got to grips with the game in 2nd half

no offence to walters but if he is skinning you then you are having a nightmare of a game as i said before thank god mcgeady wasnt in the team, i think strachan actually deserves a bit of stick for going with him and not replacing him it was a miracle he didnt cost us at least one goal, cant believe whittacker or robertson werent in over him considering they both had steady games at home to ireland and then there's strachan saying "i wish i had 10 whittackers" and he gets left out after just winning promotion and he must be at least 6 ft before anyway brings up forsyths height. please dont play him ever again, thanks.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My motto is everyone in the dark blue jersey are worthy of our support and full backing and certainly won't label players shite after one poor showing.

aye ok mate, is there small print in your motto for your blatant dislike for griffiths ?

aye ok mate, is there small print in your motto for your blatant dislike for griffiths ?

Come on now be fair eh. You know I have said I do not rate him and that I am confident he is not up to ot at international level but recognise he merits a place in the squad because quite simply he is the best option we have at present. That is a million miles from labelling him pish poor/shyte/worst Scotland performance I can remember etc etc etc.

I watched virtually all of our team barring Martin and Mulgrew play crap in that first half yesterday so surely we should expect much more from those that are seen as heroes here - your Browns and Naismiths of the team plus they are more experienced.

I do expect more for them and have said elsewhere the team were shit in the first half. They don't merit their own thread, not in my eyes. I felt Forsyth merited his own discussion as his performance was so shockingly bad

It's all very well saying he's a young boy winning his first competitive cap but this is what he does professionally. He's played a lot in the Championship. If he can't handle pressure then maybe he isn't cut out for international football. He'll face tougher games than ROI. Equally, it was maybe a one off that he will bounce back from and go on to be a star player for us - I don't think that will happen but I acknowledge one bad game doesn't make a bad player. But if it was up to you we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

He's wearing blue, so we should shrug it off and back him regardless

I do expect more for them and have said elsewhere the team were shit in the first half. They don't merit their own thread, not in my eyes. I felt Forsyth merited his own discussion as his performance was so shockingly bad

It's all very well saying he's a young boy winning his first competitive cap but this is what he does professionally. He's played a lot in the Championship. If he can't handle pressure then maybe he isn't cut out for international football. He'll face tougher games than ROI. Equally, it was maybe a one off that he will bounce back from and go on to be a star player for us - I don't think that will happen but I acknowledge one bad game doesn't make a bad player. But if it was up to you we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

He's wearing blue, so we should shrug it off and back him regardless

But also you have to take into account he is perhaps our third choice left-back and it is not as if he is being pushed as one to take up the slot permanently so in an emergency stand-in he didn't cost us a goal which is the main thing here. However, I'd say we are in a quandary at left-back. For me we will never see Scotland starting with both Hutton and Robertson as full-backs as both bomb forward too much which leaves us susceptible at the back. I have wondered whether Robertson could be pushed into a more attacking role on the left-side of midfield as his attacking is better than his defending. No denying his crossing ability and pace but primarily at left-back your job is to defend.

Before the game he was my third choice at left back, for sure.

Started horribly, making simple errors, and was a bad bad 45 minutes. A combination of nerves and lack of help from Maloney (who was utterly absent for the first half) are probably responsible. Plus Walters is not a bad player, he's physical, gets about players and causes problems. It's a tough recipe for a debut.

Second half he improved. Anya offered him more protection, he stopped making mistakes and started competing. That's a good sign. He's got that first game out the way and he now knows he can actually compete and play the part needed.

I think people are making way too much of his performance. Very shakey start, but he improved. Well done to him for that.

Ok fair enough didn't have the best of games but others said he grew into the game in the 2nd half. The experience will be invaluable if we need to call on him again. Fully expecting Robertson to nail down left back over the next few games providing he's injury free

He played ahead of them I think purely because A. Robertson and Hutton together is a massive no no. B. He has more of a physical presence than the wirey Whittaker.

That was the main reason so that he could combat Walters drifting out wide.

I would have loved to have seen our full backs v Ireland being Robertson and Bardsley. I can't for the life of me understand why Strachan doesn't want Bardsley even in the squad.

There were a few players not playing well in that 1st half, but Forsyth definately stood out.

First half Forsyth and Ritchie were the weak links in the team...... Forsyth got better as the game went on and can see why Strachan did not want to put Roberston on against Ireland (personally I would have went with Whittaker, but as said, Forsyth did get better as the game went on)

Loves an argument does CC

He's like a new school Parklife

No its just that I can't sit silent when people are missing the real truth ie Strachan selected Forsyth on a horses for courses basis as in he brings a physical presence that Whittaker doesn't and because playing two attack-minded full-backs in Hutton and Robertson in such a match was a big no no.

Edited by Caledonian Craig