Roi Scotland Match Thread - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roi Scotland Match Thread

Slide tackle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strachan's team choice is costing us.

Forsyth isn't good enough, Mulgrew looks rusty as hell and Ritchie might as well be invisible.

Disagree about Ritchie, I think he has worked hard, albeit helping out his defence as opposed to attacking Ireland's, which is why he is in the team.

Forsyth has been a bomb scare but our passing in general has been terrible. Ireland have bossed the midfield so far but their 'goal' was clearly offside.

What I feared would happen is happening - losing to physical football, primitive goal, being pressed, officials costing us yet again and since the goal we've shat it and gone to pieces. We are a better footballing side than them but we are not showing it.

Now they'll park the bus and throw on McGeady late on who will score. Or maybe they won't have to if we keep playing this poorly and they'll get another goal from yet another corner, concede enough of them to anybody and you'll eventually concede, more so against Ireland.

Shocking refereeing/ linejudging... Goal was so clearly offside it's not even funny.

That said, Ireland deserve the lead. They're significantly more up for it than us, and we have no shape in attack at all.

Scott Brown's not at his best, and the fullbacks are a big concern/

Edited by COLT NY

Disagree about Ritchie, I think he has worked hard, albeit helping out his defence as opposed to attacking Ireland's, which is why he is in the team.Forsyth has been a bomb scare but our passing in general has been terrible. Ireland have bossed the midfield so far but their 'goal' was clearly offside.

Agree with you there. Ritchie seems to be getting just that bit better with each game he plays for us

Ireland getting the luck but it's up to our players to show they can handle these games. The Irish are not forcing our players to make crap passes (most of the time).

Yep. Big half-time team talk needed from WGS. Another performance like the first half and I can see Ireland adding another goal or two.