Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wc Pot 2 - What Is Needed

tartanpar

Why do we want to draw Wales or England?

Last couple of years, played 4, lost 4.

Your heart might want it, but your head would have to be insane to agree.

heart should always rule the head. Give us the engerlish now look how shan they are v Slovenia

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin Hannan in The National this morning reckons Scotland have secured 17th European place in FIFA rankings and are therefore guaranteed Pot 2.

I'd suggest he is wrong. Everywhere else has us as pot three and haven't heard any differently apart from this and I take it this report was written immediately after the match when it may have been the case as many teams hadn't played their round of matches.

I'd suggest he is wrong. Everywhere else has us as pot three and haven't heard any differently apart from this and I take it this report was written immediately after the match when it may have been the case as many teams hadn't played their round of matches.

He could be wrong, but here's the article.

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/football-saturdays-point-should-ensure-vital-place-as-2018-draw-nears.4069

There's no official confirmation of what Pot we're in yet.

No and there won't be until after the World Rankings are out in July.

Nothing is final as teams could still arrange games between now and then so it could change (it won't though).

Also fifa haven't officially announced the draw procedure.

The article is wrong. We are in Pot 3.

I agree. We're going to be behind Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, France, Spain, Switzerland, Romania, Italy, England, Czech, Slovakia, Croatia, Wales, Austria, Bosnia, Denmark, Ukraine, Iceland and Hungary. Tits.

Wales, fekkin Wales. Funking Wales.

I'm sure it's right, but can somebody explain to me the arithmetic that got Wales into Pot 1. Sure, beating Belgium was a good result, but Scotland beat Croatia home and away when they were ranked in the top five in the world.

Looking at the rest of the Welsh results since they were in Pot 6 they've drawn with Belgium (twice), Finland, Bosnia, they've beaten Andorra (just*), Cyprus (just*), Iceland and Israel and they've lost to Netherlands. Is that really all you need to bring yourself to the edge of Pot 1?

* - I know the rankings don't care about "just", you win or you don't.