The "must Have" Trainers When You Were A Kid - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The "must Have" Trainers When You Were A Kid

Substitute the Lee Coopers for a pair of worn Wranglers then that takes me back, especially the battered radio playing Atlantic 252 !!!

Used to love the Samba but although they were pretty naff used to love my Hi Tech Squash

Levis for jeans, Wrangler for shirts. That wis the law where I came from. :ok:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levis for jeans, Wrangler for shirts. That wis the law where I came from. :ok:

Unfortunately there wasn't a ready supply of Levis in Campbeltown back in the day so Wranglers were the "trendy" option

Along with white overalls, a ten year old football top, worn Lee Coopers and a battered old radio with a broken ariel these fellows remain an essential staple in the wardrobe of any discerning painter and decorater for the last 30 yearso.

Also de rigueur for Rangers-minded minicab drivers.

user-image-1378383569_thumb.jpg

adidas Tango Bogota

You must've come up with the same Google results as me, as that's the exact same photo I posted a link to earlier. Loved the Bogota's. 5 a side, 11 a side, climbing up and down muddy hills or playing kick-the-can, truly the 'do everything' sanny :ok:

In my day it was addidas samba and then Nike air Jordan. Manage to get myself a pair of Jordan's when an insurance policy matured was well chuffed.

Nowadays I keep going for addidas origionals. Got 2 pair of gazzels and a pair of Forrest hills. Might go for the white ones that run DMC used to ware just for a change