The "must Have" Trainers When You Were A Kid - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The "must Have" Trainers When You Were A Kid

And if you showed up with anything from Tesco or Poundstretcher your school life would be a misery.

:-)) Pan-Am were the Poundstretcher ones and Astro-Bumpers were another.

Remember a few of the kids trying to pass off Jordache as being the next big thing.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally bought a pair of Sambas 20 years later after wanting a pair and they are shite!!

hard plasticy leather - nae ventilation my feet get hot n sweaty - dunno how u can use these for 5 aside..

made in philipines now - prob for £1 and yet still sell for £30..use them in garden now for curring grass even then they are shite

what the best astro turf trainers ? - getting a game now on 4g but dont want to wear molded boots

Finally bought a pair of Sambas 20 years later after wanting a pair and they are shite!!

hard plasticy leather - nae ventilation my feet get hot n sweaty - dunno how u can use these for 5 aside..

made in philipines now - prob for £1 and yet still sell for £30..use them in garden now for curring grass even then they are shite

what the best astro turf trainers ? - getting a game now on 4g but dont want to wear molded boots

I agree, they squeak when you walk as well. I got mine about 7 years ago as a leaving gift at my old job. Wore them out that night and had to walk into town. Absolutely shredded my feet, had to dash into Sainsburys and buy some plasters.

They are fine for a quick nipping to the shops, but it's the leather squeaks that are so off putting. Funk wearing them for 5s.

J

I used to have a pair specifically for 3 and 4g artificial grass and they were brilliant. Word of warning, to prolong the life of the boots take them off before you get off the pitch though as the dimples/studs wear down on concreate.

Nike_Total_90_Laser_IV_AG_Mens_Artificia

These weren’t the boots I had but they were have a similar design on the sole. Also this site is class for football boots.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Nike-Football-Boots-Nike-Hypervenom-Phelon-AGR-Artificial-Grass-Soccer-Cleats-Volt-Persian-Violet-Hot-Lava-Black-101872.aspx?

Edited by kmcca5

The best I ever found for 5s were Hi Tech squash shoes. Fantastic grip, very flexible, breathable and they didn't fall to bits the first time you put them in the washing machine - unlike other more expensive "look at me" trainers.

I wear these on the older AstroTurf, they are well made but the soles are very narrow and not been massively happy with them considering the price.

10517.jpg

£30?? they are £62 in schuh and places like it, let me know where you can get them for £30 please!!!

The best I ever found for 5s were Hi Tech squash shoes. Fantastic grip, very flexible, breathable and they didn't fall to bits the first time you put them in the washing machine - unlike other more expensive "look at me" trainers.

to be fair, trainers are all about "look at me".

£30?? they are £62 in schuh and places like it, let me know where you can get them for £30 please!!!

tried searching my emails but cannae find where i got the - im sure they were like £30 something though - my size 8 is currently £48 on amazon..anyways £60 thats nuts as they feel cheaply made...

thanks for astro suggestions..i once had a pair of nike but - anyone elso wonder why the laces run down the shoe squint ? - i blamed that for me playing shite first time i tried them ;-)

lookin for black also - cos any of these fluorescent shoes im old skool and i expect anyone wearing these had better be shit hot player and thats not me nowadays ...

i agree with squash shoes as gd ventalation as i also tried my sambas for squash fekin awful

i had a spontanous jog once as well had sambas in the boot of my car ended up with with planatr faciscitas since