Scotland Vs Qatar - Match Thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Vs Qatar - Match Thread

LewisEDI

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people on here forget where we were a few years ago? Christ weren't we on a ridiculous run of about five years without a win in friendlies and now we can't stop winning in them. That'll do me. Could and should have been a clearer win but players who did themselves no harm tonight were Forsyth, Mulgrew and Charlie Adam.

Do people on here forget where we were a few years ago? Christ weren't we on a ridiculous run of about five years without a win in friendlies and now we can't stop winning in them. That'll do me. Could and should have been a clearer win but players who did themselves no harm tonight were Forsyth, Mulgrew and Charlie Adam.

The only one with a chance of playing next week is Mulgrew.

I agree though that it's good to get the legs stretched, and have a bit of bonding before next week.

Ritchie has scored a good goal, but his set piece plays have been poor. Ignoring the question of nationality, I don't think he is good enough for us.

Fanny. Best player we had to tonight. I think your a xenophobic twat who just complains about anyone who isn't born in Scotland.

Pass marks tonight for naisy, forsyth, mulgrew, Adam, anya, and Griffiths

Rithchie looks like he is starting to settle in the team and looks less like a rabbit in the headlights think he has played better with each game so maybe he is worth keeping at. Just not sure about using him for the big games just yet

On the whole not the greatest performance but far from the worst just a meaningless friendly type game. Typical Scotland looked decent going forward but letdown by the final ball and or finishing

Fanny. Best player we had to tonight. I think your a xenophobic twat who just complains about anyone who isn't born in Scotland.

Maloney was our best player. Ritchie was ok, but I don't see him starting next week. He lacks pace so would need to be outstanding in other areas and he hasn't shown that yet.

I think we got clues to the line-up by those that played only a small part tonight. I cannot see Ritchie figuring as he played a full match tonight. Likely team I see them lining up with will be:=

Marshall

Hutton

Whittaker or Robertson

Martin

Berra

Brown

Morrison

Anya

Maloney

Naismith

S Fletcher

What I'm most encouraged about in the last few years, is that we seem to have reversed a 20+ year tide of having more good players coming in than going out.

We are actually gradually improving the strength and depth of the squad IMO rather than it slowly weakening.

They're not world class players but we seem to be slowly building rather than crumbling.

What I'm most encouraged about in the last few years, is that we seem to have reversed a 20+ year tide of having more good players coming in than going out.

We are actually gradually improving the strength and depth of the squad IMO rather than it slowly weakening.

They're not world class players but we seem to be slowly building rather than crumbling.

Yes I would kind of agree with that. We could do with a few more options at centre-back and upfront breaking through though.

Yes I would kind of agree with that. We could do with a few more options at centre-back and upfront breaking through though.

True but it's progressing and now going the right way with signs of more optimism for the next 2-4 years.

Promising and hopefully sensible youngsters like Roberston & Gauld etc starting to shine for the future as well as current squad building well.

In true internet hard man style, away and f-ck yourself you simple c-nt.

In true internet hard man style, away and f-ck yourself you simple c-nt.

No. In true Internet I don't have a clue but pretend to support the team. Go do one. I support everyone who plays for us. Try do the same. Xenophob Edited by Jagtag