Would You Take A Draw Right Now? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Would You Take A Draw Right Now?

Stuart87

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A draw would be a brilliant result. We're definitely capable of winning the game but any away draws we get in this group (except against Gibraltar who we should beat comfortably) will be welcome.

It's a good sign that we're even contemplating winning the game but as long as we don't lose I'll be happy.

A draw would be a brilliant result. We're definitely capable of winning the game but any away draws we get in this group (except against Gibraltar who we should beat comfortably) will be welcome.

It's a good sign that we're even contemplating winning the game but as long as we don't lose I'll be happy.

A draw wouldn't be brilliant.

It would be acceptable but nowhere near brilliant.

A draw would be brilliant had the Germans done what we needed against Poland ans ROI. Thats's what buggered this group up and really needs us having to win to take ROI out the game. I'm much more comfortable though going to Dublin as we are than going with an attitude of a draw does us. Georgia away im 2007 comes to mind in that sense.

A draw would be brilliant had the Germans done what we needed against Poland ans ROI. Thats's what buggered this group up and really needs us having to win to take ROI out the game. I'm much more comfortable though going to Dublin as we are than going with an attitude of a draw does us. Georgia away im 2007 comes to mind in that sense.

don't talk about that

A draw wouldn't be brilliant.

It would be acceptable but nowhere near brilliant.

Acceptable? You've got a short memory mate. Ok, we've improved a lot since the last campaign but we're not exactly world beaters who can expect to turn up and expect to beat teams like Ireland away from home.

A draw would keep us two points ahead of the Irish and would be a great result. I would prefer a win obviously but as long as we don't lose I fancy us to finish the group ahead of Ireland at least.

We can win over there. They have to come at us, making it easier to hit them on the break, in theory. Not that I'm saying we should sit in. We lost the chance to beat Poland away by trying that.

My only concern is McGeady, not that we didn't handle him but there were a couple of occasions in that match where he tried his 'tricks' and he'll probably try it again over there, got to be aware of that.

In general, they have been hanging on in this group already with the last minute goals (another thing to watch for) so if a few of you are nervous imagine how they are feeling. We can knock them out of contention over there. Be ruthless and confident, none of this Scottish mindset of playing for a draw or "it's a game we can afford to lose" :angry:

In this group we should be aiming to win every game.

Acceptable? You've got a short memory mate. Ok, we've improved a lot since the last campaign but we're not exactly world beaters who can expect to turn up and expect to beat teams like Ireland away from home.

A draw would keep us two points ahead of the Irish and would be a great result. I would prefer a win obviously but as long as we don't lose I fancy us to finish the group ahead of Ireland at least.

Wouldn't say a draw in Ireland is a "great" result, they're hardly world beaters and wouldn't be on a par with beating France away, which was a great result. Draw would be acceptable but we should be looking to win the game if we're serious about overhauling Poland.

This group is so tight that all remaining games between the top 4 are 6-pointers.

If we win in Dublin it won’t confirm we’ve qualified and end Ireland’s hopes.

Still a whole lot of football to be played and points to be won and lost after this match.

Well, that's all the bases covered! :ok:

Not quite. A 2-1 defeat would be better than a 1-0 defeat. :ok:

I think a draw would be a very decent result. I think Ireland are better than a lot of folk think they are. We only just sneaked past them at parkhead. At international level a draw away from home against any reasonable opposition is a good result. That said, we should go there with the intention of trying to win the game but if we are 2-1 down with 10 minutes to go, I would happily settle for a draw.

Settling for "anything" away from home is why we've not qualified for 18 years.

Some folk need to get a reality check.

I would argue that it is more our pish poor home form, that has had a bigger effect. If we are not good enough to win our home games we are unlikely to be good enough to win many away games.

It's acceptable in that it would keep us on track for qualifying but losing two points on Poland (assuming that they beat Georgia) isn't what I'd call "great"

A draw is a good result providing we win in Georgia. If we can take something off the Germans its a bonus but we really need them to kick into top gear now if possible.

Think the game next week will be very different from the one in November, wont be as physical I think.

No no no!

This is a must win. We do not want to be going into the last game think shoulda woulda coulda... the pessimism is unbelievable. Playing well, playing as a team and more quality than Ireland have - we should win. End of story!

Alba gu Brath!

Why can't we expect to beat them?

What a shocking attitude. Better team, manager and performances. Must win - should win - can win.

Why can't we expect to beat them?

What a shocking attitude. Better team, manager and performances. Must win - should win - can win.

In terms of squad I don't think there's much in it. If I was an Ireland fan I would be expecting to beat us as well, or at least going for the win. Strachan is probably the better manager, plays the better football anyway.