Would You Take A Draw Right Now? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Would You Take A Draw Right Now?

Stuart87

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shall see pal...............

Be on here next sat evening at 7pm and eat some humble pie my friend

I'll be too busy making my way into Dublin city centre after the match.

Whether I'll be happy with the result will depend on how the game goes. If we win I'll be ecstatic. If we draw, my mood will depend on whether we scored first or whether we fought back to draw etc.

As for humble pie, I didn't say we can't or won't win in Dublin. We have a great chance of winning. We just don't have a divine right to do so.

I'll be too busy making my way into Dublin city centre after the match.

Whether I'll be happy with the result will depend on how the game goes. If we win I'll be ecstatic. If we draw, my mood will depend on whether we scored first or whether we fought back to draw etc.

As for humble pie, I didn't say we can't or won't win in Dublin. We have a great chance of winning. We just don't have a divine right to do so.

Glad you got a ticket pal enjoy..

Serious cant see us getting beat..forget humble as you going game fair play.

People are missing the point here. Everyone (of the Scots here) want us to win but that doesn't mean to be the thought should be we will win and anything else is a disgrace. That does no one any favours.

personalty think defeat is out of the question here craig

Yes iam laughing my ballox off mate..

And yes I do think Poland at home is a harder fixture..As I DO NOT RATE THE PADDYS sorry.

Have no issue on whether u rate us or not....ur opinion and ur entitled to it...

BUT....

Irish will do instead of Paddys....unless your trying to sound like some of the thugs that support england

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Glad you got a ticket pal enjoy..

Serious cant see us getting beat..forget humble as you going game fair play.

I don't think we'll lose either. I think it will either be a draw or we'll win by the odd goal.

We'll only know what's going to happen at 6:45 or so next Saturday. That's the beauty of fitba.

Have no issue on whether u rate us or not....ur opinion and ur entitled to it...

BUT....

Irish will do instead of Paddys....unless your trying to sound like some of the thugs that support england

Sorry pal just a slip ok no hard feelings....

We should want to win because it's a football match and we are capable of winning it. Also, everyone in this group is beatable including the word champions as has been demonstrated already. Winning would be a massive boost for our campaign. Not arrogance, just ambition. It's up to the players to bring their best game of course.

Also, I refuse to accept this old nervous Scottish mindset of being fearty and 'hoping for a point'. It won't work anyway.

I agree. Craig Levein is long gone, now we try to win important games rather than try not to get beat.

I'm pretty confident about this game. I've got a nice 2-1 feeling ;)

The more I think about this game, the more I believe this is our biggest match since Italy at Hampden.

If we win this, we put ourselves in a great position to finish in the top 3 and hopefully better.

In addition, a win means we'll be a second seed for the World Cup draw which could help us get a group in which we can reach Russia.

This is a massive match and a win would be huge for us.

I'm also nervous about this game and would probably, if given the option for a draw, take it as even though I do believe we can go there and be defensive and hard to break down and hit Ireland on the counter attack with our pace, I also believe that it will be a very hard game. Both teams I think will be cagey to begin with however it is a MUST win for Ireland to keep up with the pack at the top of the group so the game will eventually open up which will lead to us being able to counter attack them! A draw however keeps Ireland at arms length.