Would You Take A Draw Right Now? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Would You Take A Draw Right Now?

Stuart87

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont want a draw

Would you prefer a defeat?

When was the last time we beat a decent team away from home apart from Croatia? It doesn't happen that often.

A win next Saturday is possible but it's probably unlikely. As long as we play well we have a chance but there is also the chance we could lose.

A lot of people on here seem to think we are streets ahead of Ireland. It's fine to be confident as we are playing well but expecting to win next week is just plain arrogant.

Difference between arrogance and finally showing some ambition. Fed up with glorious failure we should be calling to win this game, for too long pessimistic so and so's such as yourself have spouted the 'take a draw before the game' nonsense.

It's a must win if we want to qualify. Yes there are other options but I'd rather not go into the Germany game needing a 6 goal swing and 4-0 victory.

Wanting to win and knowing we can do so is ambition.

Expecting to win is arrogance.

Thinking that this game is a must win for qualification is ignorance.

It's our home games that will win us qualification as long as we win them all (with the possible exception of Germany but I fancy our chances against them unless they improve significantly) and pick up a few points away from home including three in Portugal.

Our job in away games is to stop the home team getting three points. Whether that's a win or a draw, it's still the job in hand.

If we win next week I will be ecstatic and I will not be surprised but similarly, it will hardly be the shock of the century if we lose.

As long as we keep Ireland behind us, beat Poland at home, take something from Georgia (hopefully three points) and Germany and spank Gibraltar in the Algarve then it will be job done.

It's our home games that will win us qualification as long as we win them all (with the possible exception of Germany but I fancy our chances against them unless they improve significantly) and pick up a few points away from home including three in Portugal.

Our job in away games is to stop the home team getting three points. Whether that's a win or a draw, it's still the job in hand.

If we win next week I will be ecstatic and I will not be surprised but similarly, it will hardly be the shock of the century if we lose.

As long as we keep Ireland behind us, beat Poland at home, take something from Georgia (hopefully three points) and Germany and spank Gibraltar in the Algarve then it will be job done.

And there speaks common sense. :ok::cheers3:

I can't believe the arrogance of some people on here. I can only assume they are young and don't have the battle scars that I do from the last eight qualifying campaigns.

Out of interest, which post comes across as arrogant? I've possibly missed it but from what I can see, most people are confident that we can win while recognising that it is going to be a hard game.

Twenty points and probably best placed third placed team, hopefully avoiding the play off!

20 points should really be enough for second place. The third placed teams with the highest points tally for the last World Cup qualifying campaign were Austria and Hungary with 17. Anyone with more points than that was second or first.

Simple as that eh? Why didn't I think of that?

Have you been smelling your knickers again? ;)

i have but that was a seperate issue.

We are a football team, lets win football matches. it is actually that simple.

if we are losing then i'd be happy with a draw from that moment on. Once we are level I wanna win the game again.

Out of interest, which post comes across as arrogant? I've possibly missed it but from what I can see, most people are confident that we can win while recognising that it is going to be a hard game.

I cannae be bothered going through all the posts again but plenty of people (or maybe a small number of people posting more than once) have said that we should expect to beat Ireland in Dublin because we have a better team and a better manager and anything less than a victory is a disaster.

I'm paraphrasing but you get the gist.

Dont get your thinking if we lose Ireland go ahead of us so straight away your thread loses water...

"Beat Poland and take something from Georgia and Germany"

These games in my opinion are harder than Ireland sorry...

i have but that was a seperate issue.

We are a football team, lets win football matches. it is actually that simple.

if we are losing then i'd be happy with a draw from that moment on. Once we are level I wanna win the game again.

We all want to win the game and we've got a great chance of winning but it's not as simple as just turning up and the points are ours.

We only beat Ireland at Celtic Park by the narrowest of margins and it took a cracker of a goal to do it.

This game is going to be as tight as a badger's ring piece and hopefully we'll do enough to win.

We should want to win because it's a football match and we are capable of winning it. Also, everyone in this group is beatable including the word champions as has been demonstrated already. Winning would be a massive boost for our campaign. Not arrogance, just ambition. It's up to the players to bring their best game of course.

Also, I refuse to accept this old nervous Scottish mindset of being fearty and 'hoping for a point'. It won't work anyway.

Dont get your thinking if we lose Ireland go ahead of us so straight away your thread loses water...

"Beat Poland and take something from Georgia and Germany"

These games in my opinion are harder than Ireland sorry...

I didn't say losing to Ireland would keep them behind us. I said stopping them from winning would.

Do you honestly think our game in Dublin will be easier than Poland at home? You're having a laugh mate.

I wasn't impressed with Poland in our last game and Ireland were throwing them about like an empty track suit towards the end of their match in Dublin.

Ireland, Poland and Scotland are very evenly matched.

Georgia are not quite as good so theoretically it should be easier to beat them away from home than it should be to beat Ireland. It doesn't always work out like that but we'll see what happens.

I didn't say losing to Ireland would keep them behind us. I said stopping them from winning would.

Do you honestly think our game in Dublin will be easier than Poland at home? You're having a laugh mate.

I wasn't impressed with Poland in our last game and Ireland were throwing them about like an empty track suit towards the end of their match in Dublin.

Ireland, Poland and Scotland are very evenly matched.

Georgia are not quite as good so theoretically it should be easier to beat them away from home than it should be to beat Ireland. It doesn't always work out like that but we'll see what happens.

Yes iam laughing my ballox off mate..

And yes I do think Poland at home is a harder fixture..As I DO NOT RATE THE PADDYS sorry.