Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

That makes sense. Although I always consult Football manager before forming an opinion on a player that I'm not aware of. :lol:

Seems like a very good appointment, and a step away from the "Rangers men" mentality that's always surrounded the club.

I'm the same as far as Football Manager is concerned. But it did have Freddie Adu as the next Pele a few years ago. ?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same as far as Football Manager is concerned. But it did have Freddie Adu as the next Pele a few years ago.

:lol:

Me too :ok:. So much so that I've a former flatmate who now stays in Edinburgh, whenever we get together he always asks me "how's Freddy getting on?" :(

That makes sense. Although I always consult Football manager before forming an opinion on a player that I'm not aware of. :lol:

Seems like a very good appointment, and a step away from the "Rangers men" mentality that's always surrounded the club.

I think thats a good point. To many "good Rangers men" have recently proved themselves nothing but. Last time we had someone from outside it was Le Guen, hopefully this time will turn out better.

I think thats a good point. To many "good Rangers men" have recently proved themselves nothing but. Last time we had someone from outside it was Le Guen, hopefully this time will turn out better.

I wonder how Le Guen would have turned out had "Le Clique" not conspired against him.

I wonder how Le Guen would have turned out had "Le Clique" not conspired against him.

Probably not much better than he did. Has failed at every job since and it looks like his Lyon success was just off the back of the previous managers work.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's that sort of mentality that many of us have been screaming for us to move away from m8. Ferguson, despite being a favourite player of mine, and a few others should have been shown the door immediately at that point. The fact Le Guen wasn't a 'Rangers Man' is why he was punted out the door, of that I've no doubt.

Anyway regarding Mark Warburton, I'm pleased with this appointment although very tentatively at this stage. It is of course 3 years too late, but he has cut his teeth (successfully in relative terms) at a level more in keeping with where we are right now. I've been saying for ages we need a huge clear out and re-build job in terms of playing staff. Warburton certainly ticks those boxes.

Saying all the right things. No real surprises TBH

'Players that are brought in must add value'

'Love working with young players but with adding a balance of senior players'

'Want to build correct foundations, including scouting system'

'Aiming to win the division'

'Likes to have tight squads, Brentford used the least number of players in the league last year'

'Like players comfortable on the ball'

Saying all the right things. No real surprises TBH

'Players that are brought in must add value'

'Love working with young players but with adding a balance of senior players'

'Want to build correct foundations, including scouting system'

'Aiming to win the division'

'Likes to have tight squads, Brentford used the least number of players in the league last year'

'Like players comfortable on the ball'

All sounds very refreshing, and completely the opposite, of what we've had for the last 3 years.

It's that sort of mentality that many of us have been screaming for us to move away from m8. Ferguson, despite being a favourite player of mine, and a few others should have been shown the door immediately at that point. The fact Le Guen wasn't a 'Rangers Man' is why he was punted out the door, of that I've no doubt.

Ferguson's side of the story is that he had total respect for Le Guen and a good relationship, but that Le Guen didn't want to be there, and was working his ticket back to France for the PSG(?) job.

Ferguson's side of the story is that he had total respect for Le Guen and a good relationship, but that Le Guen didn't want to be there, and was working his ticket back to France for the PSG(?) job.

'fitba' player in telling lies to his pals in the papers to make himself look less of a fanny shock'

Haud the front page.

All sounds very refreshing, and completely the opposite, of what we've had for the last 3 years.

I agree. We need a complete overhaul from top to bottom and I think he was quite keen to highlight that.

he is a manager very much in the mould that I personally wanted. Time will tell if he is the right one or not.

'fitba' player in telling lies to his pals in the papers to make himself look less of a fanny shock'

Haud the front page.

My mate was at a Q&A he did with his brother (Derek ferguson, not my mates brother) and he got asked about it.

Not sure I believe him, I'd imagine the truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

My mate was at a Q&A he did with his brother (Derek ferguson, not my mates brother) and he got asked about it.

Not sure I believe him, I'd imagine the truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

Hardly an unbiased source is it?

The flip side of it is that Ferguson's attitude was generally really poor. Belittling training methods and slagging the manager off to other players behind his back. He was running to guys in the press about him as well, which to me is unforgivable and should have seen him out of a job immediately. We went with 'the Rangers man' and Le Guen was sacked.

Guys on another forum saying Danny Wilson will be the first signing and is to be unveiled on Wednesday.

IF this is true, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Certainly more than capable for where we are next season, and a damn sight better than what we already have.

That said I've never thought he was that great a defender. would be interested to hear the Jambos on here give their view, as they watched him all season. I'm sure I read one of the last saying he wasn't arsed about him leaving?

Edited by Angus_Young

Guys on another forum saying Danny Wilson will be the first signing and is to be unveiled on Wednesday.

IF this is true, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Certainly more than capable for where we are next season, and a damn sight better than what we already have.

That said I've never thought he was that great a defender. would be interested to hear the Jambos on here give their view, as they watched him all season. I'm sure I read one of the last saying he wasn't arsed about him leaving?

Looked a promising player before he went to Liverpool but that was playing alongside Davie Weir. Hasn't progressed as he should have but maybe DW can get the best out of him now?

Looked a promising player before he went to Liverpool but that was playing alongside Davie Weir. Hasn't progressed as he should have but maybe DW can get the best out of him now?

Well he certainly knows a thing or two about what makes a good centre half. As I say I never really got the clamour for him from Rangers fans previously, nor did I understand him being linked with Celtic.

Granted I only watch him 3 - 4 times last season.

I'm more interested in who we are looking at for central midfield. We need a properly experienced pairing in there, or one really good pro plus a youngster.

Lewis Mcleod on loan would be a start, maybe?

I'm more interested in who we are looking at for central midfield. We need a properly experienced pairing in there, or one really good pro plus a youngster.

Lewis Mcleod on loan would be a start, maybe?

It's inevitable his name will be mentioned for a return to the club.

We need players all over the pitch tbh. It's hard to pin point one specific area that needs drastically improved given the utter utter dross that was there last season

Can't think of any reason at all why Warburton won't be a success at Ibrox (other than a blinding season from Hibs).

The fact that he's not a Rangers man works hugely in his favour.

Can't think of any reason at all why Warburton won't be a success at Ibrox .

Because he's a completely unproven manager? Rangers are taking a big risk IMO. Although if they've got it correct, the upside is pretty big.