Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

Because he's a completely unproven manager? Rangers are taking a big risk IMO. Although if they've got it correct, the upside is pretty big.

+1 - for a 52 year old he has only 8 years coaching experience

worked 20 years in Trading

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's a completely unproven manager? Rangers are taking a big risk IMO. Although if they've got it correct, the upside is pretty big.

He's not completely unproven though, is he?

He has a limited track record, which, to date, is pretty good. Any managerial appointment is a risk. There are countless examples of managers doing well at some clubs and then failing at others.

The only extremely low risk managerial appointment is probably Walter smith.

Let's be honest, I think it'll be hard for Warburton to fail.

It's not as if he's in the Premiership with Celtic, and the fans are demanding the treble and at the very least a Champions League semi-final.

He's got Rangers at a rock-bottom time, in a (Hibs aside) piss-easy league. All he has to do is get a team together that can beat Alloa and Raith Rovers.....aye, it's still a pressure, but it's hardly comparable with the pressure he'd be under if Rangers were in the Premiership.

It's the ideal time to be the new Rangers manager.

He's not completely unproven though, is he?

He has a limited track record, which, to date, is pretty good. Any managerial appointment is a risk. There are countless examples of managers doing well at some clubs and then failing at others.

The only extremely low risk managerial appointment is probably Walter smith.

Was lucky enough to spend some time with him speaking about nothing but fitba and drinking lots of Rioja - top bloke in every respect (well, apart fae one). Well and truly retired now though.

Businessman with dodgy past becomes chairman of Rangers and refuses to pay debt.

Not heard that one before

Don't worry Bears I'm sure everything will be hunky dory.Just keep thinking war chest and back in the Champions League by 2018.

Aye, very good.

It'll be 2017.

So des that mean he's got 75% or whatever it is of The Rangers retail income until then?

And if they pay him back, they reduce that to 49%?

A fair chunk - especially considering King reckons rangers could sell twenty gazillion shirts a year

And if they pay him back, they reduce that to 49%?

A fair chunk - especially considering King reckons rangers could sell twenty gazillion shirts a year

While Sports Direct get a big cut of the profits the fans won't buy the shirts in any real numbers. They don't want Ashley getting anything as he's tried to screw the club for as much as he can get.

It's kind of like getting revenge on him and all the other thieving bastards that have been robbing the club over the last few years

It doesn't really make sense but that's the way it seems to me.

While Sports Direct get a big cut of the profits the fans won't buy the shirts in any real numbers. They don't want Ashley getting anything as he's tried to screw the club for as much as he can get.

It's kind of like getting revenge on him and all the other thieving bastards that have been robbing the club over the last few years

It doesn't really make sense but that's the way it seems to me.

It's about trying to renegotiate the deal with SD entirely, not revenge although I'm quite sure a big percentage of the punters are thinking like that. Hence the reason the shareholders also voted in favour of a board resolution to renegotiate existing retail arrangements.

Reducing it to 49% would help in the short term of course but to me won't help get shot of him for good. The only way to truly send a message is to stop buying merchandise. I mean what's the point in him having this deal if no one is buying and he is also £5m out of pocket? It put's the board in a much stronger position when it comes to the negotiations.

The next share issue will be very interesting. Will the shareholders voting alongside Ashley take up their option or can their involvement in the club be diluted further? It would be much much better if this was made public, but not a chance in hell Ashley and his cronies will allow that.

The really baffling thing is the 22% of shareholders that didn't thin k this was important enough to even vote on. We honesty sometimes deserve all we get when you read stuff like that. Quite happy to bitch and moan but do all about it :angry:

It's about trying to renegotiate the deal with SD entirely, not revenge although I'm quite sure a big percentage of the punters are thinking like that. Hence the reason the shareholders also voted in favour of a board resolution to renegotiate existing retail arrangements.

Reducing it to 49% would help in the short term of course but to me won't help get shot of him for good. The only way to truly send a message is to stop buying merchandise. I mean what's the point in him having this deal if no one is buying and he is also £5m out of pocket? It put's the board in a much stronger position when it comes to the negotiations.

The next share issue will be very interesting. Will the shareholders voting alongside Ashley take up their option or can their involvement in the club be diluted further? It would be much much better if this was made public, but not a chance in hell Ashley and his cronies will allow that.

The really baffling thing is the 22% of shareholders that didn't thin k this was important enough to even vote on. We honesty sometimes deserve all we get when you read stuff like that. Quite happy to bitch and moan but do all about it :angry:

Not sure if there is a way for fans to buy Retro shirts with the money going to RFC, maybe old branding or something of Ready Badge which Cashley has no access to - sure there is still a way for the fans to buy a top and still have money go towards the club

Not sure if there is a way for fans to buy Retro shirts with the money going to RFC, maybe old branding or something of Ready Badge which Cashley has no access to - sure there is still a way for the fans to buy a top and still have money go towards the club

Some fans already thought of that mate http://www.thelionbrand.co.uk/

The new white one they have released is a cracker.

Our problem is still the amount of ignorance that is apparent in our support. People will buy stuff blindly without even realising what's going on.

Edited by Angus_Young