Punishing The Clubs For Sectarian Fans - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Punishing The Clubs For Sectarian Fans

The SFA could do it in a instant. Supply a list of banned songs or indeed words within songs.

Any of these words/songs get sung in the ground then it's an automatic points deduction and fine.

Self policing would kick in very quickly after that.

This.

We need to nip this 'whataboutery' in the bud. It suits both OF teams to muddy the waters and deflect blame away from them on to others.

From the beginning of time, this has given the SFA and others a way out.

Religious bigotry and sectarianism are the sole property of 2 clubs. If we want it out of the game, these 2 clubs need to be sanctioned.

No one bigoted supports the other 40 clubs?

Both stem from the same poisonous root.

They're different sides of the same sectarian coin.

IRA/UDA are political IMO,

the other ones are 'anti prod' or' anti catholic'

and they are Sectarian, anti religious... they are different..

but they do spring from the same place

a dictionary definition

''a member of a sect or faction, esp one who is bigoted in his adherence to its doctrines or in his intolerance towards other sects, etc''

I am not sticking up for either, just being a bit pedantic, they are different but are used by the same people for the same things...

n

Not accusing anyone personally, but these last 2 posts explain a general problem as to why nothing has ever been done about the problem of sectarianism in Scottish football.

It's easy to weasel out of the problem using semantics.

Fans of both clubs are experts at it.

Effectively, what this report in the OP is saying is..'to f*ck with semantics, the SFA have to tackle this head on and stop caring about who they offend'.

We've pandered too long in Scottish football to the apologists.

Not accusing anyone personally, but these last 2 posts explain a general problem as to why nothing has ever been done about the problem of sectarianism in Scottish football.

It's easy to weasel out of the problem using semantics.

Fans of both clubs are experts at it.

Effectively, what this report in the OP is saying is..'to f*ck with semantics, the SFA have to tackle this head on and stop caring about who they offend'.

We've pandered too long in Scottish football to the apologists.

totally agree Rossy

The clubs should be responsible for their fans actions..

100% , the singing etc would stop inside the grounds,,, would take longer to eradicate it from elsewhere, but would be a huge step

The SFA could do it in a instant. Supply a list of banned songs or indeed words within songs.

Any of these words/songs get sung in the ground then it's an automatic points deduction and fine.

Self policing would kick in very quickly after that.

The SFA? Lol

If it led to points deductions etc maybe the clubs involved would spend more on better policing and stewarding until its eradicated. Easy to do if anyone has the actual spine to do it - of course it should already lead to points deductions.

Its all good and well to get it out of the grounds (which will be almost imposible) but the biggest problem js kids are brought up from the moment they are born to believe this shit. As long as there are parents teaching their kids to hate cafflics and proddys then it wont go away. Scotland is a disgrace with this,more so the west but it isnt confined.

Its all good and well to get it out of the grounds (which will be almost imposible) but the biggest problem js kids are brought up from the moment they are born to believe this shit. As long as there are parents teaching their kids to hate cafflics and proddys then it wont go away. Scotland is a disgrace with this,more so the west but it isnt confined.

This.

To think the only bigots in this country support the OF is wrong.

All clubs need to be under the same rules. It may not be as common but it is there.

I think there was a thread before on how you define the banned words/songs and that dropped into chaos because what offends some folk doesn't offend others.

Only the strict application of the law can really work here due to the size of the grey areas.

Main problem is those who believe that all of Scotland's problems are down to two football clubs and to the WOS only.

That's the main problem ?

Nobody has said that btw. The 2 clubs are not the cause of sectarianism, but nobody can deny that they've long been a vehicle for it.

It clearly isn't just the OF that have an element within their support that are interested in the sectarianism and religious bigotry stuff, but in my experience overwhelmingly the type of folk who are interested in it, from across Scotland, gravitate towards them. As is well enough known Hearts have some in their support who do indulge in the nonsense but, while very unpleasant, it is nothing in comparison with what goes on amongst too much of the Rangers support. I've been working in Newhouse for the past few years, and day in day out, I hear stuff being said that I have heard once or twice in 25 years of work in Edinburgh. It's part of the culture through here in a way that it just isn't in most of the rest of the country now. I agree with Rossy and others, clubs could stamp it out if they want to, and they will only want to if they are going to suffer from inaction.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-32929665

I don't have a problem with the majority of this but Im undecided on whether you can blame the clubs for what is a bigger issue within Scottish society.

I'm more inclined to have the Police actually do their job more forcefully on match days and actually wade in and arrest the m0rons who taint our clubs and our country.

I don't want this to be a whataboutery thread but what should we be doing and who too?

I am all for punishing the clubs when they have encouraged it for years themselves and continue to employ bigots.

There's more than a hint of deja vu about this thread, which is about sectarian singing. Not songs about paedophiles or beastiality. Sectarian singing.

SFA/SPFL should meaningfuly punish clubs whose fans are singing sectarian songs.

Clubs in turn should identify anyone that is singing sectarian songs in their ground and issue them with a ban.

It really is as simple as that.