Fox Hunting - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an English fox though, what about the Scottish ones that are getting killed and nothing is being done? Sorry it was announced just now a review is happening now, by coincidence.

On a point of order, it's not the national origin of the fox that is the important factor, it's the location of the group of humans at the point in time that the activity in question (I.e. hunting/ quasi hunting) is being carried out that is critical. The fox could be born in Scotland, quite close to the border and have crossed it (possible on many occasions, both ways) and it would still, at the the present time anyway, have that theoretical extra level of protection when the activity was being carried out in England. Similarly, a fox born and raised in England but which crossed the border into Scotland would theoretically have less protection in Scotland despite being 'English' from all relevant perspectives (private international law, FIFA eligibility rules etc)...

Scottish foxes are hard as fuk and therefore need harsher treatment to keep them under control. English foxes are wimps and need a bit of extra protection. It's a wee bit like the emergency cold weather heating allowance (or whatever it's called). English folk get it if the temperature drops below 12 degrees for a couple of milliseconds but Scottish folk don't get it until it's been minus 20 for a fortnight.

On a point of order, it's not the national origin of the fox that is the important factor, it's the location of the group of humans at the point in time that the activity in question (I.e. hunting/ quasi hunting) is being carried out that is critical. The fox could be born in Scotland, quite close to the border and have crossed it (possible on many occasions, both ways) and it would still, at the the present time anyway, have that theoretical extra level of protection when the activity was being carried out in England. Similarly, a fox born and raised in England but which crossed the border into Scotland would theoretically have less protection in Scotland despite being 'English' from all relevant perspectives (private international law, FIFA eligibility rules etc)...

:ok::-)) Fair point.

However, on another point of order I was not inviting a literal translation of my words but more an creating an Aesop Fable by anthropomorphising the Fox. Therefore negating the need for use of international law and FIFA eligibility rules in establishing an actual nationality for a Fox. Much to the chagrin of international Fox right advocate Orraloon. :wink2:

Foxes of the world unite.

If cats can learn to read posters, then there is no reason why sometime in the future foxes couldn't form an international solidarity movement. If only somebody would tell them how important they are to UK politics then they might get the boost in confidence required to take the next step along the road to gaining equal civil rights for foxes. If only they could find a foxy version of Rosa Parks to kick it all off.

We need border controls to stop English foxes crossing the border and raiding our bins and stealing all our women and jobs.

On past experience you'd be inviting English foxes with Scottish grannies up over the border like theres no tomorrow !!

Guest flumax

A point of pedantry, but due to the government backing down. The snp have not actually voted on an English and Welsh issue.

You reckon this will get trotted out in a few weeks?

Edited by flumax

A point of pedantry, but due to the government backing down. The snp have not actually voted on an English and Welsh issue.

You reckon this will get trotted out in a few weeks?

Viewed in isolation with no context, then yes the SNP haven't voted at all. However, while that holds true, there is a tonne of context missing, implicit votes not realised explicitly will effect change, a "threat/possiblity" that was not previously there is now in play.

From what I can see the SNP are being accused of opportunism and hypocrisy over the fox hunting 'vote'. On the first, they are a political party, big deal. On the latter I think that, having been in power in Scotland for years, they are guilty as charged. I always enjoy the Tories making a fool of themselves, and this may yet prove to be the political masterstroke by Sturgeon so many seem to believe, but I thought she was unimpressive in explaining the reasoning behind the SNP's stance and, to me, she and her party rather lowered themselves to the Westminster level. Principles should stand for something, jettisoning one so easily and voting on a clearly English issue is a bad precedent. I'm glad the bill concerning England and Wales was withdrawn but the SNP should be ashamed they have done nothing about the law in Scotland over the past 8 years.

Worth another share.

'Mon the wolves. 'Mon the foxes.

Pre-ban hunts only killed 5% of killed foxes. Cars were killing many many times more about 100,000 a year. Poisons, shootings, disease etc all killed more.

So if the process is to save fox lives hunting is about 5th on the list of death counts. It's logical to tackle the problem with most impact instead of one of the lesser ones.

Also if we're talking about animals i posted this to face book on the 22nd of June

We're right in the middle of the Holocene extinction era.

http://www.livescience.com/51280-the-new-dying-how-human-caused-extinction-affects-the-planet-infographic.html

I take no one eats caged hen eggs, or ever had a mcdonald or Burgerking etc as the inhumanity or goes to zoos or Safari parks etc.

Nothing wrong with wanting to stick it up the Tories, just don't handicap all future Scottish MP's on their voting rights by the process of sticking one up the tories.

Edited by phart

Pre-ban hunts only killed 5% of killed foxes. Cars were killing many many times more about 100,000 a year. Poisons, shootings, disease etc all killed more.

So if the process is to save fox lives hunting is about 5th on the list of death counts. It's logical to tackle the problem with most impact instead of one of the lesser ones.

Also if we're talking about animals i posted this to face book on the 22nd of June

We're right in the middle of the Holocene extinction era.

http://www.livescience.com/51280-the-new-dying-how-human-caused-extinction-affects-the-planet-infographic.html

I take no one eats caged hen eggs, or ever had a mcdonald or Burgerking etc as the inhumanity or goes to zoos or Safari parks etc.

Nothing wrong with wanting to stick it up the Tories, just don't handicap all future Scottish MP's on their voting rights by the process of sticking one up the tories.

My post was nothing to do with politics, it's about my passion for getting back to nature and letting it take care of itself. No, I don't eat caged chicken eggs or eat McDonald's or Burger King muck, nor do I go to zoos or safari parks. I can only speak for myself but would encourage others to consider getting back to nature.

My post was nothing to do with politics, it's about my passion for getting back to nature and letting it take care of itself. No, I don't eat caged chicken eggs or eat McDonald's or Burger King muck, nor do I go to zoos or safari parks. I can only speak for myself but would encourage others to consider getting back to nature.

Oh right my bad i just assumed it was in the context of fox-hunting politics as that's what everyone else was discussing. Orca prolong seal hunts apparently for fun so it's not just a human trait. Humans should know better though.

I am unsure as to why the SNP showed their hand so early on this one. Why didn't they just wait until it came to the vote before letting folk know what they were going to do?

To stop it happening before they had to vote? Also some tories are mad cause they said it was going to fail anyway as they had the numbers and now it's unresolved and will have to come back.