Fao Phart - My Manly Week - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fao Phart - My Manly Week

Bought a torque wrench. Haven't a ####in scooby how to set it correctly so it's still sitting in its very manly box looking manfully shiny.

Yeah I need one of them to tighten all the the bolts on my uber manly mountanbike to the right torquieness. Essential bit of kit for any bloke who is not a woman in disguise. I also bought a Dewalt cordless drill and impact driver which sit in its own assassins like briefcase type thing. Not sure what an impact driver does or why I bought it other than it sounded hugely manly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I need one of them to tighten all the the bolts on my uber manly mountanbike to the right torquieness. Essential bit of kit for any bloke who is not a woman in disguise. I also bought a Dewalt cordless drill and impact driver which sit in its own assassins like briefcase type thing. Not sure what an impact driver does or why I bought it other than it sounded hugely manly.

:lol:

Torque wrench is for removing and re-attaching the back wheel of my even manlier Fireblade (which I ride like a girl to be perfectly honest). I've also got an impact driver which I got from my father-in-law; 'you're no gettin' rid o' that are ye Alec? I'll huv it fur some joabs I've got on aroon the hoose'. Still in the shed where it was deposited when I got home.

By far the scariest and most dangerous power tool I own is the uber-manly jigsaw. Bought it to cut a hole in the kitchen worktop to fit a new hob. An hour later I'd made a hole big enough to fit the fridge in and destroyed the cupboard door next to the oven. It's now in the loft and will never see the light of day again :worried:

I bought a laser guided jigsaw 7 years ago. So far it's been out of its box twice, once to cut a gap for a pipe in a piece of chipboard work surface and the other time I even needed to use the laser, to help cut a thin sliver of wood off the bottom of a door.

I've also got a a shed, an outhouse and a car with roof bars.

Eat me.

Someone on another thread posted that some people drive around in cars worth 2-3 times their annual salary... To be super manly.

I could not find the thread but is this true?

I am perplexed by the number of hugely expensive motors cruising the streets but I up till now I have been assuming no one is crazy enough to spend ? X more per month on their car than their mortgage.

An impact driver is just a battery version of a torque wrench really.

It's for lazy people,like me.

Someone on another thread posted that some people drive around in cars worth 2-3 times their annual salary... To be super manly.

I could not find the thread but is this true?

I am perplexed by the number of hugely expensive motors cruising the streets but I up till now I have been assuming no one is crazy enough to spend ? X more per month on their car than their mortgage.

I've never bought a car that costs 4 figures.

I used my step daughters head as something to aim at whilst practising my chipping in the living room today. Does that count at all? After all,1 shank and the golf ball would've been through the glass table.

I've got a video to prove it,but think her mum would be upset with me posting it of her 14 year old daughter for strangers to view. :lol:

I used my step daughters head as something to aim at whilst practising my chipping in the living room today. Does that count at all? After all,1 shank and the golf ball would've been through the glass table.

I've got a video to prove it,but think her mum would be upset with me posting it of her 14 year old daughter for strangers to view. :lol:

Rantzen phoned