The Official General Election 2015 - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Official General Election 2015

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flumax

So anyone else finding unionists (mainly through Facebook) not understanding how 50% vote = 56 seats. Several (including my tory inlaws) calling for a proportional system.

Tried explaining fptp and how torys would have lost about 100 seats and a lab/lib coalition would have likely happened.

I've even had my father in law say fptp for rUK pr for scotland cus that's what we have for Scottish parliament...so why should we pick and choose what system we use. Ffs I love his daughter, but my God he's a Twunt of the highest order

So anyone else finding unionists (mainly through Facebook) not understanding how 50% vote = 56 seats. Several (including my tory inlaws) calling for a proportional system.

Tried explaining fptp and how torys would have lost about 100 seats and a lab/lib coalition would have likely happened.

I've even had my father in law say fptp for rUK pr for scotland cus that's what we have for Scottish parliament...so why should we pick and choose what system we use. Ffs I love his daughter, but my God he's a Twunt of the highest order

It's funny that it takes a result for this to finally see how unfair first past the post is. Hollow complaints because no way will the torys want to change things now.

If you have 2 minutes of time to spare, here's Katy's speech at the end of list night. It's short, but it should make clear why I was so passionate about her being returned.

https://www.facebook.com/ardrossanherald/videos/10153288816805030/

:(

:ok:

Should be Labour leader

Period

Alternatively join the SNP and make it like her from within

Guest flumax

Wtf was all that shouting about there on Reporting Scotland?

BBC shame on you... Something... Propaganda.

Does anyone have a link to Margaret Currans losing speech? Hunted about and can't find anything...Or, at least if someone can tell me what she said.

I think she left the stage without making one. One minute she was on the stage, results announced, cheering applause and she disappeared. Next time I saw her she was on the floor, surrounded by a huddle of her people and she started moaning and I lost interest. Didn't hear her thanking anyone as other outgoing MP's did.

SNP Something too but couldn't work out if they were dissing SNP or what they were trying to get at??

Started off just, "SNP, SNP, SNP." Then I heard "SNP don't sell your soul to those in there." Wasn't sure about all of BBC stuff but started out "BBC shame on you." Edited by G-Man

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/scots-want-to-stay-in-eu-as-the-rest-of-britain-wants-to-say-goodbye.1414934009

From Nov 14 and not taking into account the Dont Knows - 57% want to stay

Cant see anything after that so it may have dropped if you seen a 49% since then

I think yours is more recent, the one I'm thinking of was in the middle of the referendum campaign as it had a sub section on EU membership of Yes and No voters from the independence referendum.

Alternatively join the SNP and make it like her from within

Ach not an option for me I'm afraid. The SNP have their own brand of "progressiveness" that their support enjoy and have rallied behind. The Gibsons have cleansed my local branch of any lefties... But that's a story for another time :lol:

It's their supporters that voted for him to be leader. It's hardly as if they didn't know what they'd get from Murphy either.

I'm more inclined to blame the members who voted for a known , than the for being one.

Succinct and to the point, Mr P. Murphy has only been doing what Murphy does.

Christ almighty, I've just been reading about the way that horrible Galloway campaigned against his Labour opponent in Bradford. Didn't think he could sink any lower............

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/08/george-galloway-loses-bradford-west-seat-labour-naz-shah-respect

This is one seat I am glad Labour did manage to win.

Ironically, George learnt everything he knows from his time with the Glasgow Labour party. He adopted similar smear tactics against his last Labour opponent in Bradford - he played the Muslim card heavily and highlighted the fact that his then opponent wasn't an observant Muslim or 'never out of the pub', as George put it.

I don't see how being forced into marriage at 16 is any more acceptable than being forced into marriage at 15, or 25 or 60 for that matter, but George is an old school misogynist of the Ian Davidson type - witness his indignant, sneering put down of the BBC's Laura Bicker when she asked him a question during his debate with Jim Sillars during the referendum.

That seat turning Labour was the first Labour victory I have cheered in some time.

The mods crusade against dear Scunnered continues. I'm beginning to feel unwelcome here :(

Of course you're welcome, you silly sausage. We all love you, even Wine bibber (maybe not).

Orraloon's right - take it as a compliment. You're obviously rattling a few cages anyway, which keeps this place entertaining. :)

I think people may be overestimating Scots desire to remain in the EU.

And England's desire to leave.

Scunnered man, Katy got swept up in the righteous whirlpool of flushing Scottish Labour down the toilet. You fly with the jobbies, you get flushed with the jobbies. Nothing personal.

Ditto Vince Cable - a bright politician who paid the price for his party's expediency.

Ach not an option for me I'm afraid. The SNP have their own brand of "progressiveness" that their support enjoy and have rallied behind. The Gibsons have cleansed my local branch of any lefties... But that's a story for another time :lol:

I was meaning for Katy to do that

In the cold light of day she is very much required in Scottish politics

As much as i admire her i still am angry at her for not seeing that it is unlikely the Labour party will ever be the party she wants it to be however i guess it shows how loyal she is. Pity there were not more in Labour like her

If she is watching the commentary today then she will see for herself what way the Labour party is going to go now which is certainly not to the left

The thousands of new SNP members want a party that has the values of Katy Clark and wont be long in letting the party know if they dont continue with that progression

She would be welcomed with open arms

So the SNP has been confirmed as the third biggest party, some kind of official house procedure apparently. This means they get to chair two house of commons committees. Obviously the Scottish Affairs committee will be one, but what will the other one be? It can't be anything that has devolved responsibility, there would be a shitstorm if the SNP chaired something that only affected England for the most part, so you've got to imagine they'll male a play for something like Defence, Foreign affairs, Treasury committee? Although I'd be willing to bet it'll be the overseas development one.

Put a SNP poster under the polling station poster and a guy walking into vote shouted " That's not funny " he then went into the hall and said someone is putting up political posters outside, i took it down quick and laughed.

As the SNP didn't stand down here should have kept it up and awaited a reply.

I stayed up all night watching the results come in guess who laughed last. :ok:

Well done to every SNP voter.you did your country proud :love: .

Have to say that I really hope the SNP go out of their way to expose what a crock of shit the House of Commons is with all its archaic traditions. The only reason that these traditions are followed is that no-one has ever stood up and questioned them. Let's see an end to all this 'Honourable member for Dunny on the Wold' stuff and instead insist on caling the other MPs by their names.

When Scottish Question Time crops up with Scotland's only Tory MP being questioned by Scotland's only Labour MP they should make sure they continually question what possible basis the two of them have to govern or constitute the official opposition in relation to Scotland. Let's expose Westminster for exactly what it is...