The Football Mavericks - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Football Mavericks

Maybes aye, maybes naw.

I think he must have only been about 21-22 when he moved to Arsenal (a stifling footballing club) and enjoyed the highlife in London .

Liverpool would have stabilised and developed him into a a possible Scotland great IMO.

Who know's though ?

Yr think Charlie picked the ewrong club and to a point I think he agrees. Said he spent most of his time watching the ball get lumped over his head. Was interesting watching the fans talking about him. They all said he needed someone to pass to him instead of route 1 football.

At least frank still has a sense of humour. Said about his taxi when the police sirien was heard in the background lol

Just got round to watching last week's episode. Forgot how good Glenn Hoddle was, some amazing goals from him.

I always thought Waddle was a better player and Waddle certainly improved when he moved to Marseille

I always thought Waddle was a better player and Waddle certainly improved when he moved to Marseille

Can't get it to embed properly, but there really was some footballer's sh!te in the charts back in the day.

Edited by SteveMcD

Waddle was some player by all accounts having watched his marseille clips. Some unbelievable stuff from him. I'm sure I read that when he was at Sheffield Wed is pre match meal was a fish supper and a pint of Guinness.

Besides how/who on earth thought that was a good idea re hoddle and waddle as pop stars ?!proper mental that.

Waddle was some player by all accounts having watched his marseille clips. Some unbelievable stuff from him. I'm sure I read that when he was at Sheffield Wed is pre match meal was a fish supper and a pint of Guinness.

Besides how/who on earth thought that was a good idea re hoddle and waddle as pop stars ?!proper mental that.

Penalty miss in WC 90 did him no favours with engerland fans

Also the old recommended meal for SAS selection. McNabb talks about it in his book