Charlie Adam - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Robroysboy

Charlie Adam, is on a scoring run in the EPL. His ability has split the tartan army, but I am a fan and think he can do a job for us in dublin.

Talking to rangers fans, he was booed at ibrox for trying the dangerous pass which sometimes don't come off.

When he moved to Blackpool he was relaxed more and his game developed. He never really hit it off at liverpool, see video link ( think this is hilarious).

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=charlie%20adam%20funny%20clip%20missed%20penalty&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=charlie%20adam%20funny%20clip%20missed%20penalty&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=55AC30F9C113BA9939A255AC30F9C113BA9939A2

But he has most definately hit form for Stoke.

Will strachan pick him for dublin? On current form I think he will have to seriously consider it.

Edited by Robroysboy

I'm basically a massive fan of his and would have in the squad purely for his sense of maverick, enigma style capabilities. however I can see why Gordon hasn't fancied him as he looks overweight, sort of disinterested, unfit and gives the ball away.

I'd have him in an advanced position supporting a striker but made sure there were 2 sitting midfielders for reasons pointed out above.

Not international standard IMO. His style of game isn't suited to it.

No doubts he can score good goals and occasionally pings a great pass though.

Not international standard IMO. His style of game isn't suited to it.

No doubts he can score good goals and occasionally pings a great pass though.

Charlie came on as a sub against world champs spain and was the best player on the park.

So have to agree to disagree on this one.

Charlie came on as a sub against world champs spain and was the best player on the park.

I'm not sure what makes you think he was the best player on the park. He was good as was the whole team but we still lost to the better team.

nothing Adam did that day really stands out.

I can see both sides here. Just a few weeks ago I firmly believed his time had come and gone as in he'd had his chance and had nothing to offer us but his form recently merits a call-up though I still have my doubts. However, I look at say James McArthur and Charlie Adam and I know who has been in the better form of late and can Adam produce a moment of magic? Yes. Can McArthur? Unknown.

having been a Blackpool supporter (not any more due to both moving away from the area but more so due to the despicable actions of the owner) , I was an admirer of Charlie when he was playing at Blackpool. Ian Holloway gave him free rein to do what he liked - but he hasn't been able to do the same in a Scotland shirt.

In the past I may have had my thoughts on who should be in/out the team - but whenever you have a decent manager then I would bow to Strachan's opinion.

So have to agree to disagree on this one.

That was in October 2010.

A good game over four years ago won't help us to get three points in Dublin. Adam has been poor in most of the games he's played in under Strachan.

That was in October 2010.

A good game over four years ago won't help us to get three points in Dublin. Adam has been poor in most of the games he's played in under Strachan.

Strachan hasnt picked him, because he doesnt want to take an experienced player away to sit on a bench.

Surely on form players must be in contention.

Who else in the current scotland squad is in better form than charlie at the moment ?

Darren fletcher and james morrison at WBA have took a dip.

McArthur at crystal palace also

Scott brown has been his usual mr consistent but does not score goals reguarly.

Strachan hasnt picked him, because he doesnt want to take an experienced player away to sit on a bench.

Surely on form players must be in contention.

Who else in the current scotland squad is in better form than charlie at the moment ?

Scott brown has been his usual mr consistent but does not score goals reguarly.

If we picked players on form for their clubs then we'd have to drop half the current team.

Take a look at the main Stoke City fans forum - http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/board/2/stoke-city-fc

They say that Adam had a good game yesterday but his form is too inconsistent and he is not always, but usually anonymous or overawed against the big teams. These guys will watch Stoke a lot more often than you or I do, so I'd trust their opinion.

One good game against Spain over four years ago means nothing now. Can count the good games he's had for Scotland on one hand. He's been poor in the games he's had for us under Strachan's management and the latter has surely noted this.

Wouldn't pick Adam if it were up to me, but it isn't.

On current form Adam has to be in the next squad , strachan picks players on current form as he did with matt ritchie , he picked him over mackay-steven and others so why not Adam over say bannan or bryson

Remains to be seen whether Strachan will make an example of Bannan for acting like a ned, he does seem to be quite the favourite of Strachans however. The last time Bryson was in the squad was for the England game last year.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Disagree with this.

Just based on statistics, but Fletcher has slowly but surely been getting better with every game.

Also West Brom got a good 0-0 draw against Liverpool on Saturday, and a good win (and goal for Morrison) last week away against Palace.

What evidence is there of a dip in form from McArthur?

Disagree with this.

Just based on statistics, but Fletcher has slowly but surely been getting better with every game.

Also West Brom got a good 0-0 draw against Liverpool on Saturday, and a good win (and goal for Morrison) last week away against Palace.

What evidence is there of a dip in form from McArthur?

How many goals has he scored ? We need goals to win games. Charlie on current form is capable of getting us a goal in dublin.

McArthur is a good player so is the west brom duo. I am not slagging them off, but charlie brings attacking flare.

How many goals has he scored ? We need goals to win games. Charlie on current form is capable of getting us a goal in dublin.

McArthur is a good player so is the west brom duo. I am not slagging them off, but charlie brings attacking flare.

I'll leave that to Strachan to decide. Yes Goals win games but conceding goals loses games and in Dublin not losing is our first priority. The one thing we learned from all the games Adam has played for Scotland is that he is prone to switching off and allowing teams to attack us. Some say he isn't fit enough and some say he is lazy. Strachan will pick the players he thinks will give everything and work hard for the team. Fletcher and McArthur will both be there before Adam.

I'll leave that to Strachan to decide. Yes Goals win games but conceding goals loses games and in Dublin not losing is our first priority. The one thing we learned from all the games Adam has played for Scotland is that he is prone to switching off and allowing teams to attack us. Some say he isn't fit enough and some say he is lazy. Strachan will pick the players he thinks will give everything and work hard for the team. Fletcher and McArthur will both be there before Adam.

agreed re: my original starting post " strachan will need to consider picking charlie" :ok: