Orange Walk - Page 16 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Most of those who take part in these Orange parades know next to nothing about the facts or history of the battle.

Do you think someone should tell them that the Williamites were in a political partnership with the Vatican and that the Pope ordered it's bells to be rung out when news of their victory reached Rome?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a sad thread this is. Hard to believe that in 21st century Scotland we still have enough bigots to fill George Square. Just one more reason to long for our Independence and, eventually, a republic

Banana Republic?

Let's blow them Oranges some raspberries.

I know Michael Kelly lost it long ago, but still..... eh?!

@MichaelsBetter: Protests about Orangefest just a way of Nats attacking Lab and Glasgow.

So any criticism of the OO, is an attack on the Labour Party?! And Glasgow (who voted Yes!)??

edit: that's got to be a parody account! Blo0dy twitter!

Edited by Maq

What the OO would hate more than anything else would be to be ignored and viewed as the irrelevant relic of a bygone age that they are. By the vast majority of the population. That's why the thing has to be in George Square, right in the middle of our biggest city.

What the OO would hate more than anything else would be to be ignored and viewed as the irrelevant relic of a bygone age that they are. By the vast majority of the population. That's why the thing has to be in George Square, right in the middle of our biggest city.

I think there is a statement to be made by the OO with regards to people trying to dub it Freedom Square. Which I think is tacky and childlike to be honest.

In a way this whole mess comes down to the question of when does an organisation become extremists. The way some on here are going on they would say the oo is an extremist organisation some would say they are only celebrating there heritage. Is banning folk from dating a catholic extremist or just distastfull?. It would be interesting to find out what the marches are for if it is just to celebrate there heritage or if it is the celebration of the battle of the boyne

If the Act of Settlement barring a Catholic or someone who has married a Catholic is ever overturned, as Brown considered before bigger events took focus elsewhere, these cockwombles would go into a tailspin.

Get Franz over from Bavaria I say.

If the Act of Settlement barring a Catholic or someone who has married a Catholic is ever overturned, as Brown considered before bigger events took focus elsewhere, these cockwombles would go into a tailspin.

Get Franz over from Bavaria I say.

it was overturned a wee while ago i think.

I see the lassie who organised the petition has had to delete her FB & Twitter accounts after her & her family have received death threats. Is today not an educational, family fun day, organised to dispel all those silly misconceptions?

If it wasn't pissing down, I'd have gone myself. I just thought it was a day for fat weirdos to wear silly hats & gloves & get it up the Kaffliks whilst John Law turned a blind eye for the day. Sounds like there's so much to learn.

No much of a day for all the skinny wee tramps to go "pas aff" at the side ha ha ha