Orange Walk - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no lover of the Orange Order or its demonstrations, but I am not in favour of banning them either.

Policing them well - yes.

Lifting miscreants - yes. Fining and jailing them - yes.

Charging the organisation for extra public costs incurred - yes.

But banning them - no.

100% agree

Aye, you're supposed to 'show respect' when these dicks are blocking your path and expected to wait for them to pass. I was coming down Buchanan St a couple of years back and they were coming through Nelson Mandela Place. Dozens, maybe hundreds, of people having to wait to cross the road. I waited a couple of minutes but couldn't listen to their tuneless pish any longer. I picked my way through and some ####in ape wearing a UJ like a cape had a pop at me. Told him to get tae badger and stop blocking the street which he didn't take too kindly to.

They can badger off if they think I'm going to stand there and admire their shitey parades.

Does the same go for marathon's, bike races etc etc or just Orange parades?

Marathons don't run to the tune of the celebration of killing thousands of Catholics.

No, but they do block roads & "close" cities for a day.

I hate to say this, but I've only seen bigotry from one side in any discussions regarding this, and surprisingly it's not from the Orange side.