Scottish Cup Semi Finals - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup Semi Finals

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Der Jags

Just imagine how prowd the prowd working class prowd Leefer from Leef John Hughes will be behind the goals in Leef this efty. Not to mention workin class and humble prowd of the boys in his team.

That's what fitba's all aboot.

Either a new name on the cup or one that hasn't been there since 1957. Great stuff :)

Agreed, going to be a great day out for both sets of fans. As i said earlier can still mind the buzz about Falkirk last time, hope they do it this time as after the game wasn't too great.

Well done Caley. Aberdeen could have stopped the treble if they had just won one game against Celtic and drew another. I won't forget a post by an Aberdeen fan blaming St Johnstone and other teams for not allowing Aberdeen to be further up the league than Celtic. Well, St Johstone beat them in the league, Inverness beat then in the cup. Aberdeen fans, again, need to look to their own team for the lack of trophies this season. .But, I don't want that to disttract from the outstanding achievement of Inverness, well done. Enjoy your night. It's great to beat Celtic

Well done Caley. Aberdeen could have stopped the treble if they had just won one game against Celtic and drew another. I won't forget a post by an Aberdeen fan blaming St Johnstone and other teams for not allowing Aberdeen to be further up the league than Celtic. Well, St Johstone beat them in the league, Inverness beat then in the cup. Aberdeen fans, again, need to look to their own team for the lack of trophies this season. .But, I don't want that to disttract from the outstanding achievement of Inverness, well done. Enjoy your night. It's great to beat Celtic

F*ck off, you idiot.

I've always had a lot of respect for Falkirk ever since they to a man stayed back and applauded us lifting the cup in 1997.

They said that game wouldn't sell out and 50k packed out Ibrox.

Hopefully a big crowd and a Falkirk victory. Tempted to go.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Well there's a random daft post.

It's not done yet. Utd and/or Dundee could put the shiters up them before they come to Pittodrie. If there's 3 or less points in it by then it's anyone's.

Anyway, well done Caley, great result :ok:

I've always had a lot of respect for Falkirk ever since they to a man stayed back and applauded us lifting the cup in 1997.

They said that game wouldn't sell out and 50k packed out Ibrox.

Hopefully a big crowd and a Falkirk victory. Tempted to go.

Think a far amount of neutrals will go. Especially if it's a good day and easy to get tickets

Observations on today

1) regardless of the officials yet again we failed to put a team away, its been happening all season.

2) decision making from our players in the final third was poor all day...Johansen has gone off the boil.

3) vvd and denayer are grossly overrated.

4) I don't think there's a team that hasn't suffered from the dreadful standard of officiating in this country this season. They're appalling, the question is what can we do about it?

5) well done to ICT and John Hughes in particular, personally I hope they go on and win it

6) regardless of the fact he has apparently been 'flying' in training recently the decision to bring on Tonev was bizarre...tut tut Ronny.

I'm gutted but I'll get over it especially as I've said for a while...we'd feck it up somewhere.

Edited by slasher

One other small point....today showed the reason why Griffiths shouldn't be a Scotland regular.

He had a pish game overall, but went missing for a whole half when his team needed him to put in an extra shift to help get them out of trouble.

He strikes me as he's becoming more and more a player that's good when you're dominating and on top, but a passenger when the chips are down and the hard work needs done.

Saying that, not many Celtic players came out of the match with credit today.

One other small point....today showed the reason why Griffiths shouldn't be a Scotland regular.

He had a pish game overall, but went missing for a whole half when his team needed him to put in an extra shift to help get them out of trouble.

He strikes me as he's becoming more and more a player that's good when you're dominating and on top, but a passenger when the chips are down and the hard work needs done.

I disagree a little bit on Griffiths mainly based on his performance for us in Zagreb as lone front man against Croatia.

As for the rest, I thought they showed spirit with Biton the pick of the bunch for me.

Cracking game of football. Credit to both teams.

In 18 minutes you contradicted yourself... credit where it's due :ok: