Referee Tonight - Germany Game. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Referee Tonight - Germany Game.

tartanlad

Referee was fuckin shocking. The Naismith incident could easily have been a red card for last man, and blowing for full time at a corner for us with 10 or 20 seconds still on the clock was a disgrace. Bottom line though, is that we defended like schoolgirls and gave them far too much respect, particularly in the first half. I wish someone had snapped that fuckin cheat Muller in half.

Referee was fuckin shocking. The Naismith incident could easily have been a red card for last man, and blowing for full time at a corner for us with 10 or 20 seconds still on the clock was a disgrace. Bottom line though, is that we defended like schoolgirls and gave them far too much respect, particularly in the first half. I wish someone had snapped that fuckin cheat Muller in half.

Snapped him, like broke his leg? Aye okay.

The referee did everything he possibly could to ensure we didn't get a result tonight.

Any time Naismith challenged for the ball in the first half - free kick to the Germans.

Anya through on goal - no advantage, pulls it back for a free kick.

Should have been a red card on the pull on Naismith.

Should have been allowed to take the corner.

And giving someone a red card for kicking the ball away on the 93rd minute.

These aren't small incidents. These are game changing moments. We could have got a draw with a fairer referee

Should have been a sending off for the boy's foul on Naismith. And he should have let us have the corner at the end.

Unfortunately, against the world champs in their own back yard it it going to take a referee with baws to make those kind of decisions

I'm going to cintroversially throw in that some refs might have considered sending Muller off for his challenge on Maloney. Fuckin took him round the neck. Would've been a sending off in rugby never mind fitba.

I agree with that. I thought it was a shocker

Muller is a cheat, and showed it often enough at the World Cup. I'm surprised Maloney kept his head (no pun intended). Muller would have been rolling around for half an hour greetin' if someone did it to him.

Muller is a bawbag, and I couldn't believe the ref didn't let us take the corner at the end - we were only just into the three minutes of allotted time and the boy Mulgrew fouled was out of action for that length of time alone.

Surprised it's not been talked about much but the one on naisy in the first half from mulgrews ball over the top when he was dragged down when running one on one was more of a red than drum's challenge. Inexcusable for the ref to give nothing. Not even a foul.

Well remembered!

Aye, you are right, that one was completely baffling. The only consolation we can take is that Scotland is not the only country that produces utterly incompetent officials.

I wonder what 'who's the w*nker in the black?' is in Norwegian.

We lost because our central defence is Piss poor and our fullbacks don't understand how to defend.

The ref had little or no impact on the game. We need to stop all this hard luck bull and just play better.

Kind of agree.

We never lost because of a ref.

We lost because of basic errors.

He didn't help things,but certainly let not all his fat.

First referee I've seen to send a player off for time wasting when he's a goal down with two minutes of injury time left to play.

Says a lot about the stupidity of the player. The ref was honking though. They had a man down for ages and no time added on. Who's to say big Hanley wouldn't have slammed a header in from the corner we should have been allowed to take?

We lost because our central defence is Piss poor and our fullbacks don't understand how to defend.

The ref had little or no impact on the game. We need to stop all this hard luck bull and just play better.

I agree with your first sentence. Don't agree with the second at all. To say he had no impact on the game is clearly incorrect. He could have red carded three Germans last night. Howedes in first half, Drum and Muller in second. He gave no advantage to Anya who was clean through, gave nothing to Naismith all night, added no time for the corner at the end and was generally completely and absolutely incompetent. Yes, it is another hard luck story and i hate this feeling sorry for ourselves nonsense, but that doens't mean the ref wasn't sh1t and didn't negatively impact the game for us.