Beer! - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Had a cracking pint of Sam Adams down in London last week. Mass brewed, but lovely.

It's all the flashy, posing whankbags drink over here. Shit clobber on, finely trimmed beards, as many naff tattoos as they can squeeze onto their arms and a pint of Sam Adams. Three pints later they're steaming. :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its a pity that Sam Adams is one of the brewers that brew both mass market keg pish and decent real ales.That said until a few weeks ago none of the Sam Adams range i have sampled would have made it into my top 500 American Beers let alone my top 100.But both their Quadrupel(10.2%) and Imperial Stout(9%) from their new range were very good .Not cheap at £15 for a 75cl bottle ,but that seems to be the penalty we have to pay when real ale was re-branded craft. :beer2:

It's all the flashy, posing whankbags drink over here. Shit clobber on, finely trimmed beards, as many naff tattoos as they can squeeze onto their arms and a pint of Sam Adams. Three pints later they're steaming. :rolleyes:

Sounds like 'Craft' beer drinkers here, but just more pints.

s wouldn't know a cask from a keg if it landed on their swept back greasy hair.

I didn't realise we'd met when I was in Chicago..... :D

I was in a boozer just off Times Square (might have been called St Andrews) that had Tennents on tap although I declined to sample it. I did have a lovely Blue Moon mind you!

I was in that boozer. I stayed in a hotel on the same street across from it. That is it's name, yes. Very overpriced gimmicky place though.

I didn't realise we'd met when I was in Chicago..... :D

Oh aye. I wasn't sure you'd mind much after you third right enough. I wasn't going to tell you but I bet you can't mind bouncing around the Irish bars with me? You were pumping out the Fields O' Athenrye on the juke box. What a chanter you are! :ok:

WEST St Mungo seems to be my poison of choice just now (found it on tap in Solid Rock Cafe after the game on Sunday)..... also find myself going into Hootenannys Pub for a pint of their West Hefeweizen beer more and more these days.

Also before the England game went to the WEST brewery and was on their Munich beer all night.

Also enjoying Joker IPA as well when I can find it.

St Mungo on the taps at the Bridge Inn at Ratho and very acceptable it is too.

not into IPA or anything but for Lager drinkers out there i'd recommend Perlenbacher Premium Pils. Lovely drop which is available for purchase at your local Lidl. 91p per 500ml bottle or just pick up an 18 pack

Good tip :ok:

Partial to a bottle of Tyskie after a thirsty day surfing TAMB. I do like a fresh ale but the current trend for really bitter, hoppy ales puts me off a lot of new stuff.

Used to drink nothing but Newcastle Brown when I was a teenager, have gotten back into it again recently after disdaining it for a decade and a half.

Good tip :ok:

Partial to a bottle of Tyskie after a thirsty day surfing TAMB. I do like a fresh ale but the current trend for really bitter, hoppy ales puts me off a lot of new stuff.

Used to drink nothing but Newcastle Brown when I was a teenager, have gotten back into it again recently after disdaining it for a decade and a half.

Bizzarely Newky Brown beer is drunk by the lorry load by the Hipsters over in the States, when I was over there , no one would believe me when I said it was an old mans drink.

Guest flumax

So far tonight. Brew dog punk IPA, siren saurade , rogue yellow snow & rogue burnt Rye. Magic rock porter and

Edited by flumax

Guest flumax

Flumax! You alright?! Fallen off the bar stool?

The "and" is what it's called, try it if you pop in to CASC in Aberdeen

all stupid 2/3 glasses at stupid price so not that much booze really.

Had a great pint of Blue Moon (wedge of orange included) in the Granary pre-match on Sunday

I enjoyed one at the event on Tuesday too. Nice but a tad sweet for me and the slice on the side was just plain gay.

Edited by macy37

• 9 months later...

Just had three bottles of Hertog Jan Grand Prestige. My head is fine but I was walking go through the streets of Athens like I had wellies on the wrong feet. Delicious but lethal. Big 500ml clay bottles, I took one with me but don't know where I put it on the way home. Maybe my head is not fine.

Just had three bottles of Hertog Jan Grand Prestige. My head is fine but I was walking go through the streets of Athens like I had wellies on the wrong feet. Delicious but lethal. Big 500ml clay bottles, I took one with me but don't know where I put it on the way home. Maybe my head is not fine.

When I lived in Holland, Hertog Jan was my drink of choice. A great lager.

I enjoyed the loch fyne beers when I was back the last time.

Been drinking mainly local Aussie beers (little creatures IPA and Pale Ale are excellent) brewdog and Sierra nevada.

I've been drinking Sierra Nevada recently and really liking it. I was in a bar in Bath St a few weeks ago that was selling Sierra Nevada Torpedo, an eventful night out followed after skelping more than a few of them.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

The Lidls Heatherwood range is actually really good,I'm enjoying the Golden Ale (90p) atm,the gnarly fox lager & purple heather are good as well.

Still love Black Wolf (Stirling) Loch Lomond blonde,Goldigger & Tundra

Still hate IPA

Aye, they are pretty good. I think my favorite is the Porter one, number 5, I think.