Georgia Away Behind Closed Doors? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Georgia Away Behind Closed Doors?

Al2014

What makes it look bleak is uefa will be dishing out fines and punishment to Montenegro, Russia rep of ire and Poland on same date of the Georgia hearing which they will want to make an example off for the security and fans behaviour at these games.

Russian FA have just tweeted that UEFA to announce their decision on the ruling of the Montenegro v Russia game on the 8th of April.... decision on Georgia is not until 21st of May

Edited by wanderer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wanderer that's quick, think its a no brainer hope they get what they deserve

They were very quick in dealing with the Serbia v Albania game, so to avoid a backlog, probably best to get this out the way fast.

What Georgia will get will be very light compared to what to expect Montenegro to get.

Have any of the media outlets who are reporting this actually done a wee bit of investigating journalism and asked Uefa for their advice to Scotland supporters re booking travel and accommodation in the interim period awaiting Uefa making their decision?

Noticed that Georgia are now ranked the 5th worst side in Europe.

Whilst I think the rankings are usually a decent way to see how well teams are doing within their zones, Georgia have been a bit unlucky with the draw. They got the World Champions, three teams all doing much better this campaign and a team in Gibraltar that they can't get any ranking points for. As a result, Georgia haven't picked up ANY ranking points so far in this campaign and it's had an impact on their position.

Georgia aren't great, but they won't finish on 6 points or less in this campaign. They'll get something off one of the top 4 sides.

Whilst I think the rankings are usually a decent way to see how well teams are doing within their zones, Georgia have been a bit unlucky with the draw. They got the World Champions, three teams all doing much better this campaign and a team in Gibraltar that they can't get any ranking points for. As a result, Georgia haven't picked up ANY ranking points so far in this campaign and it's had an impact on their position.

Georgia aren't great, but they won't finish on 6 points or less in this campaign. They'll get something off one of the top 4 sides.

And since the other teams have beat them at home, it needs to be Scotland. It's our destiny.

Have any of the media outlets who are reporting this actually done a wee bit of investigating journalism and asked Uefa for their advice to Scotland supporters re booking travel and accommodation in the interim period awaiting Uefa making their decision?

You'd like to think we'd have an idea before 21st May, that's 7 weeks away. Hopefully hear some advice from SFA.

I would say that the game will go ahead as normal. Yesterday UEFA must had a meeting to discuss issues regarding the last round of qualifiers and meeted out punishment to Montenegro for crowd trouble at their game. They awarded Russia a 3-0 win but I heard no mention of anything about punishment for Georgia so I can only presume no action has been taken as surely they would have made their decision at this meeting?

I would say that the game will go ahead as normal. Yesterday UEFA must had a meeting to discuss issues regarding the last round of qualifiers and meeted out punishment to Montenegro for crowd trouble at their game. They awarded Russia a 3-0 win but I heard no mention of anything about punishment for Georgia so I can only presume no action has been taken as surely they would have made their decision at this meeting?

21st of May before Georgia hearing at UEFA IIRC

Just reading that UEFA ordered both Montenegro and Croatia to play their next games behind closed doors due to crowd trouble.......

Hmmm it seems like they are drawing their lines in the sand? Obviously, I am in two minds about the Georgia match being played behind closed doors. On the one hand there are a lot of Scotland fans who have shelled out a lot of money for the trip who i will be a big blow to but on the other hand it will surely make our task easier of going out there and getting a much-needed win and that is really the most important thing right now.