How Would You Define World Class? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Would You Define World Class?

Really impressed with Benzema past 12 months.

Hazard is the best player in the UK, probably next to move onto spain

I like Sanchez. Hes head and shoulders above most in the EPL but Hazard is probably more consistent currently. I'd have either (or indeed both) in the Rangers team right now or just about anytime in our history for that matter!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney was probably world class for his age, rather than genuinely world class. I'd agree with the comment that despite being a very good player at a high level, he's probavly never really reached the level to match the hype.

I like Sanchez. Hes head and shoulders above most in the EPL but Hazard is probably more consistent currently. I'd have either (or indeed both) in the Rangers team right now or just about anytime in our history for that matter!

High praise indeed!

:lol:

Been really impressed with hazard any time I've seen him. I'd go as far as to say by the time Messi and Ronaldo hang up their boots, he could be the best player in the world (alongside Dom Thomas of course :P ).

I would put that comment down to the fact you have watched 2nd and 3rd tier football for the last few season's

Club football at any level in Scotland has been an irrelevance to a discussion relating to what is 'world class' for a long time.

Victor Valdes?

That's a bit like including the Brazil keeper from 1970.

No better than a decent keeper who played in an exceptional team.

The Gibraltar goalkeeper from Sunday would have won La Liga playing for that Barcelona side*

*probably not.

Sorry but Valdes was up there in his day, brilliant shot stopper and great distribution. Played sweeper keeper well and could play football (much like Neur has mastered) if he was anything but Spanish he would probably have 50-100 caps. only others he might not have got a game would be Germany and Italy.

All great, all better than Rooney and still a couple I wouldn't class as world class.

Agree. RVP not as good as he waa either.

With regards to Benzema ive always rated him, he works his arse off too. Great striker.

Hazard, Sanchez and Silva must be the best players in the preniership although Silva not at his best this season. Costa maybe in with a shout too but hes a dirty .

Whoever said Ramos is world class, id maybe argue hos constant red cards detract from his ability. If you go by ability alone then yeah he is.

Whoever said Ramos is world class, id maybe argue hos constant red cards detract from his ability. If you go by ability alone then yeah he is.

I remember him getting his 19th red card about a year and a half ago. Must be well over 20 by now. Joey Barton's only had 7.

Shaun maloneys goal at celtic park was world class.

When the weeman is on form he is the closest we have to a world class player

Just a shame he is wrong side of 30!

Aye, we should've given him 20-odd caps before he was 30, even if he kept being shite every time he got a chance...