Our Support ? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Support ?

glasgow jock

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not paying 40 odd quid to go and watch Gibraltar. If that makes me a glory hunter then so be it.

I don't think it makes you a glory hunter.

I didn't pay £40 to watch Gibraltar either.

I paid £40 to watch Scotland. It was at least £25 too much.

Edited by Orraloon

Get a squad of at least 40 like minded lads wearing proper terrace clobber and waving pyro in the north stand and the rest of the stadium will follow whatever they sing. Skull and cross bones over a saltire and we're good to go.

We could call ourselves the mount flo ridas.

:lol:

Not convinced a 'Welcome to Hell' sign would have been worthy of a game against Gibraltar The atmosphere was never going to be that good & there has been a residue of resentment at the ticketing prices which has not helped. I clapped loudest at the Gib goal & to witness a hat-trick.

2 full houses against Poland & Germany will welcome the real Hampden Experience back, We are all Scotland by the way.....

Hamish

A good goal by a plucky opposition with a decent sizeable travelling support in a game we were going to score loads of goals with my mood not helped by morons behind me & having paid too much too watch.

Not sure I clapped, but Estonia scored their first major goal in competition against us at Pittodrie 1993. On the way to the game we passed a Trabant near Stonehaven, a squad of 5 or 6 were in the main stand & when Bragin scored in 57 minutes one lad invaded the pitch to shake all the players hands. Definitely laughed.

We won 3-1.

not read it all but as far as best shout of the day goes, guy behind us in the south I4 when Gib got the corner near the start. "Oh for sake, thats their first corner EVER, they dont even know what to do"

probably had to be there but the way he said it was brilliant, people all around were pissing themselves. Heard the rainbow chant too and thought it was quite funny.

Atmosphere was dead as we knew the result already.

I also clapped Gibs goal, they deserved it from a good move and it was nice for them to score. We have been the awful team for years and you can appreciate how good it would have been for theor fans to see a goal.

The big games will be fine, but we do really need new songs/chants

Sorry, but this is absolute pie-in-the-sky stuff - There is no way that any area in an all seated stadium will be, even unofficially, designated as "predominantly standing" And as for any governing body allowing any sort of"no hassle from stewards" policy, again, even unofficially ? Absolutely no chance...

In principle the idea is fine, and IF Fifa / Uefa allowed so called "safe standing" areas would be worth looking at

Hence why I said it would be good. I never said it would happen, but the idea would accommodate fans wanting to be in the 'noisy' area and those who don't.

Me and my pal just turned round and laughed. Couldnt believe they scored, also theyre goal was a topper

Good play and the boy took it well. They played some good stuff at times and had a couple of skillful players. probably wont be as bad as they are permanently. If that makes sense.

I clapped when they scored, it was a good goal for a bunch of posties and semi professional players. Good on them. Never clapped Scotlands opposition goal before.

On the upside also said to all the boys "at least we witnessed history today"

The atmosphere, even if full would have been flat. Normally is v the smaller teams. Poland and Germany games will be absolutely rocking.

Aye me too..

We were never going to lose v them and they deserved their (decent) goal for their fans who i thought were excellent - Especially knowing they were in for a gubbing whatever happened!

Seeing Gib score their first 'serious' goal and Scotland score 6 wisnae a bad day oot at all!

Edited by tom1172

My first reaction was to laugh and then clap. They deserved it after the start they made. Typical they scored their first goal against us.

Guess it's easier to clap a goal like that when you know you'll go on and win the game easily.

Thankfully was just me and the dug in the house at the time but I let out the loudest "ForFvxkSake" I have done for some time. Certainly loud enough to make the dug yelp and head to another room. F**k this notion of sporting fair play/applauding the opposition when its Scotland playing. IMVHO.

This for me too,

Bad enough that some people are so desperate to suck off the opposition fans never mind clapping the opposition goals.

Aye seen so many TA giving out blowys to opposition fans over the years, just insane.

We held a grand procession as we marched through Gay Paree

I like it