Jack Harper Exclusion - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper Exclusion

Paulo2576

It's been reassuring to see that all the feedback on Sbragia's comments have been negative. It's almost as if we're all moving on as a footballing nation embracing actual football rather than just lumping it up to the big man of past.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that Kevin Gallacher has spoke up for Harper and criticised Sbragia's attitudes.

Craig Brown's comments show that he clearly knows nothing about Jack Harper and has assumed he's just part of a kickabout training squad at Madrid which as we all know is completely untrue. I'd also bet a tenner that Brown think's Ryan Gauld made a mistake going to Portugal and not to some dead end English Championship side.

Send the tenner to the Sunshine Appeal. If Brown thinks Gauld made a mistake going to Sporting Lisbon, it's because he didn't go to Barcelona instead.

http://www.givemesport.com/417136-manchester-united-target-is-a-barcelonatype-player

Might be an idea to use google to check your facts first, especially if you are slagging off our most successful international manager with both senior age age group teams.

Send the tenner to the Sunshine Appeal. If Brown thinks Gauld made a mistake going to Sporting Lisbon, it's because he didn't go to Barcelona instead.

http://www.givemesport.com/417136-manchester-united-target-is-a-barcelonatype-player

Might be an idea to use google to check your facts first, especially if you are slagging off our most successful international manager with both senior age age group teams.

Mr Brown, is that you ?

From his comments it doesn't seem like Brown knows who Harper is, would have been better just not saying anything.

He's an idiot.

No idea what his 'job' is at Pittodrie.

Edit: Craig Brown is an idiot. Nae PIAK. He's alright.

Edited by deecie

From his comments it doesn't seem like Brown knows who Harper is, would have been better just not saying anything.

I suspect Craig Brown has probably seen as much of Jack Harper as the majority of people on this thread.

It's only mildly relevant that none of us have seen much of Harper play - it's the absolute ridiculousness of the comments that Sbragia came out with that's causing an equal amount of outrage (well for me anyway). If this guy is left in charge for 12-24 months we're in real danger.

It's only mildly relevant that none of us have seen much of Harper play - it's the absolute ridiculousness of the comments that Sbragia came out with that's causing an equal amount of outrage (well for me anyway). If this guy is left in charge for 12-24 months we're in real danger.

Totally agree with this. I don't believe that the club someone plays for should mean they are an automatic pick, which is all that Brown and Strachan have said. Lets not forget that from time immemorial people complain about OF youth players being picked over players from other clubs, especially those who gave first team experience. Not comparing Celtic or Rangers to Real Madrid but the principle is the same regardless of the club.

What is really worrying is what this says about Sbragia and his views of how to set up a youth team. That's actually more important than whether Jack Harper ever plays for Scotland or not.

Totally agree with this. I don't believe that the club someone plays for should mean they are an automatic pick, which is all that Brown and Strachan have said. Lets not forget that from time immemorial people complain about OF youth players being picked over players from other clubs, especially those who gave first team experience. Not comparing Celtic or Rangers to Real Madrid but the principle is the same regardless of the club.

What is really worrying is what this says about Sbragia and his views of how to set up a youth team. That's actually more important than whether Jack Harper ever plays for Scotland or not.

Strachan said it had nothing to do with him. Worrying.

The thing that confused me the most is Sbragia said he hadn't seen much of him in the last 6 months. Is that not his job, to watch u19 players? The u20 champions league is on tv is it not, he could even watch him in his bed if he can't be bothered doing his job properly.

Can you imagine Gauld becoming a regular for Sporting and playing well but Strachan not picking him becasue Portugal is too far away to watch a game and he would rather watch something else on tv than a Sporting game.

Strachan was infinitely better than Levein. But that does not make him perfect. He is a bit old school professional footballer which is essentially an old boys network for ex pros. This seems to lead him into dead end appointments and mediocrity. He needs to freshen up his off the field game. IMHO.

To me, it seems Sbragia is more worried about his own cv than he is the development of young players. I'm as passionate a scotland fan as they come, but I don't care if the under 19s get humped every game as long as they are developing for the future. Think things might have back fired on Sbragia with the publicity his stone age comments received however.