Scotland Players In Action - Page 62 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are saying is absolutely true, but the problems of the past was that he had an inflated ego and his attitude went out the window. I seem to remember after his first Scotland call up (at Celtic) was when the problems manifested. Again, at Lierse, when the fans were chanting his name, he had the same issues.

Do we want to take the risk of calling him up so soon and having the same problem for, lets face it, games we won't really need him?

Rather call him up for these games, as I would be a lot lot less concerned about playing him against Northern Ireland and Gibraltar, and seeing how he does, rather than giving him a few more months, calling him up for the bigger games against Poland and Germany - and he flops !! No, these games are the ideal ones to try him in so, given we have no prolific scorers at the moment, give him a try.

Just to bring it back down to earth.. yes, 2 good goals the other day by Watt, but he's only scored in 2 of his 10 Charlton appearances. Hardly pulling up tree's just yet and we have other strikers not getting picked who are in much better form.

I hope he doesn't get a call up, he doesn't deserve it, yet. Hopefully he will at some point, but right now it's a no.

He was already called up to a squad against Croatia in 2013,surely another call-up will hardly break the boy?

Andy Robertson starts for Hull tonight, as does Allan McGregor,Liam Bridcutt starts for Sunderland,Steven Fletcher on the bench

Alan Hutton starts for Aston Villa, Darren Fletcher and James Morrison start for West Brom

James McArthur starts for Crystal Palace

Ross McCormack starts for Fulham, Ikechi Anya on the bench for Watford

Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson and Johnny Russell start for Derby

Tony Watt starts for Charlton, Chris Burke starts for Nottingham Forest

Murray Wallace starts for Huddersfield

Matthew Kennedy starts for Cardiff

Ryan Fraser on the bench for Bournemouth, Kevin McDonald starts for Wolves

Kevin McNaughton and Barry Bannan start for Bolton

Andy Robertson starts for Hull tonight, as does Allan McGregor,Liam Bridcutt starts for Sunderland,Steven Fletcher on the bench

Alan Hutton starts for Aston Villa, Darren Fletcher and James Morrison start for West Brom

James McArthur starts for Crystal Palace

Ross McCormack starts for Fulham, Ikechi Anya on the bench for Watford

Craig Forsyth, Craig Bryson and Johnny Russell start for Derby

Tony Watt starts for Charlton, Chris Burke starts for Nottingham Forest

Murray Wallace starts for Huddersfield

Matthew Kennedy starts for Cardiff

Ryan Fraser on the bench for Bournemouth, Kevin McDonald starts for Wolves

Kevin McNaughton and Barry Bannan start for Bolton

Great summary, are you also watching skysports news?

Type Tony Watt into Twitter! My god. He must be turning it on big style there the fans love him!!! Done more in that league than May get him in the squad.

Before Ireland try and pinch him!

He's being raved about far higher than McCormack, Rhodes, Martin or May, who all play at the same level.

Not saying he should necessarily be in the next squad but if he keeps it up he is going to force his way back in very soon.

I've always said he is the most naturally gifted striker we have and the one with the highest potential.

I'd get Watt in the squad. Add in Griffiths, Fletcher and Naismith and we have some good options.

Agreed. Fletcher deserves to be there based on past form. The other 3 deserve it on current form.

I don't think we need to worry too much about this squad but it would be a good time to experiment.

This is brilliant. The first 20 seconds especially, he showed incredible skill. Got 2 players booked with his antics as well.

Ha! Fantastic, Tony Watt Watt Watt!

<p>The Allan Hutton Conundrum</p>

<p> </p>

<p>http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/mar/04/alan-hutton-aston-villa-rugged-style-tim-sherwood</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

Someone like Ashley Cole (who is mentioned in the comments) committed far worse and far more fouls than Hutton. In fact I would say Gerrard has as well. But you wouldn't see an article like this on them. Same with divers (again Gerard or Rooney would never be referenced) - they have to be foreign or non English in order to justify an article.

Barry bannan has apparently been Bolton's best player since he joined them.

Also bridcutt has seemingly been playing really well for Sunderland.

Bannan is fantastic. Just needs to find the right club and the right manager.