Scotland Players In Action - Page 37 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 goals for McCormack v Forest tonight and in front of McGhee who is there to see Grimmer

I think it took time for McCormack to settle, weight of big price tag, Fulham's appaling form but seems to have settled now. I'd like to see him back in the squad, I think he offers something a bit different.

Another cracking decision to let him go then along with Gary Mackay Stevens both around the same time. Couple of great decisions from Butcher then!

Mackay Steven was Ross county and I think they were happy to sell to Liverpool if my memory serves me right - 400k is a lot for a then division 1 club.

And in Butchers defence I think it was Armstrongs decision to go to Dundee Utd.

Good to see Griffiths getting more game time. I still think he can be an important player for Celtic and Scotland. Fast, good finisher and works hard...just needs to stay focused on playing.

Agreed. Big fan. Creates his own goals and great finisher. He's a sort of player like no one else we have and well worth a spot ahead of Chris Martin anyway!

Mackay Steven was Ross county and I think they were happy to sell to Liverpool if my memory serves me right - 400k is a lot for a then division 1 club.

And in Butchers defence I think it was Armstrongs decision to go to Dundee Utd.[/quot

Armstrong only a kid at time. His family moved down to Dundee and he decided to move to United's academy. Easy decision

Agreed. Big fan. Creates his own goals and great finisher. He's a sort of player like no one else we have and well worth a spot ahead of Chris Martin anyway!

In a game we are looking to break quickly, having Anya and Forrest wide with Griffiths upfront could allow us to do that. Particularly with Hutton and Robertson at full-back.

Griffiths is a different option to our other forwards and he should have a part to play. Easy to forget he played in our win in Croatia.

And in Butchers defence I think it was Armstrongs decision to go to Dundee Utd.

It was when Mackay-Stevens returned to Scotland. He was wanting to sign for ICT and played a couple of games on trial. The fans could see that he was a class player but he was injured in his second trial game. Butcher thought he was too injury prone as he had problems with injury before he came as well and let him go. Quite a few fans weren't too happy as they wanted to give him a chance as you could tell he was a cracking player. Edited by iainmac1

In a game we are looking to break quickly, having Anya and Forrest wide with Griffiths upfront could allow us to do that. Particularly with Hutton and Robertson at full-back.

Griffiths is a different option to our other forwards and he should have a part to play. Easy to forget he played in our win in Croatia.

agree, although not as good as fletcher overall, there are going to be some games when we have to really go for it and thats when i could see him doing a job for us as he is so lethal infront of goal and can make something out of nothing with his long distance shooting ability, fletcher doesnt have that

Some of that is very true - Forrest would need to firstly get in the Celtic team and secondly perform well enough to be considered again before he would have a chance though. Long way off