Tonight's Ashcroft Data - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tonight's Ashcroft Data

It's pretty straightforward. The clear majority of people pre-indy ref wanted maximum devolution (everything except defence and currency). So they voted No. They still want maximum devolution. So they are going to vote SNP at Westminster. All pretty logical and easily understood.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to tell you this because I love you. If you use terms such as 'Liebour', 'Red Tories' and 'Wastemonster'... No one will ever take you seriously, except the already converted.

You very well may have made excellent points, but I didn't read your posts as they were filled with foaming at the mount nonsense such as above. Floating voters and No voters will do the same :ok:

I use the first often, the truth hurts the other two very very rarely........ and usually only on ' people who cant be convinced...

I have never foamed at the mount in my life... I wouldn't know how too... :blush::um-no: I have no idea where my Mount would be.... LOL

You mite love me .. :love::love: but I know I will always be way down the list after Katy.... who would prob look good in Ermine..... :wink2::wink2:

I would agree with that

I wouldn't agree with that

I wouldn't agree with this either.

Can I just clarify something. I'm not saying this is what Scottish Tory voters will do. I am saying that the reason for the polls seemingly giving SNP such a big lead is because this is what the UK establishment want them to think about doing.

Whether it works or not is a different story. Scottish Tories are in a difficult position. There will be a few seats where they think they have a decent chance of winning. It's easy for them, they vote Tory and hope for the best. But in most seats they need to decide whether it's better to vote SNP to try to help Cameron get a majority or vote Labour to try to stop SNP having any influence at Westminster. I am hoping that most of them will be so confused that they wont bother voting.

It's pretty straightforward. The clear majority of people pre-indy ref wanted maximum devolution (everything except defence and currency). So they voted No. They still want maximum devolution. So they are going to vote SNP at Westminster. All pretty logical and easily understood.

I think that's what Scotland wanted all along.

If it was on the ballot paper it would have won. Salmond would have accepted it I believe, but Cameron was told to say no to crush the nasty nats... the hatred of the SNP in Labour blinds them to any rational thought whatsoever. They look like they will suffer the consequences in May....

The people want devo max and ultimately that's what we will get....

A Strong SNP will get us there faster than any other way... The Smith proposals are already irrelevant............and we haven't even had Calmnn fully implemented yet..

Perhaps Scottish Tories are turning to the SNP? Pro-business party, same attitudes to local services and council tax, my prospective SNP MP assures voters that Tory voters have nothing to fear from the SNP.

Makes sense to me :)

my prospective SNP MP assures voters that Tory voters have nothing to fear from the SNP.

Is that a new story? Don't think i've seen you mention it before.......

Perhaps Scottish Tories are turning to the SNP? Pro-business party, same attitudes to local services and council tax, my prospective SNP MP assures voters that Tory voters have nothing to fear from the SNP.

Makes sense to me :)

Do you think the Tories will believe her?

Can we stop saying all older folk are nawbags please. My parents both fall into that category and are stanch Indy suporters. Although not officaly part of they local yes campaign my father got a massive thank you from them for the work he did during the build up to the ref. They have plenty of friends in the same age group who were yes voters( they know some stanch no's and undecideds as well) so to just blame the older folk for the no vote is wrong

Can we stop saying all older folk are nawbags please. My parents both fall into that category and are stanch Indy suporters. Although not officaly part of they local yes campaign my father got a massive thank you from them for the work he did during the build up to the ref. They have plenty of friends in the same age group who were yes voters( they know some stanch no's and undecideds as well) so to just blame the older folk for the no vote is wrong

hear hear - I made a bit of a 'blame' post on FB and got torched quite rightly by many older Yes voting relatives and friends.....

on the other hand the mortality rate in Scotland is about 50k/yr and we were only 192k short of the line..... bet 90% of them are over 70 ??

:whistling:

I commend your parents, but unfortunately, the facts / statistics are in black & white.

“If, on the day, the swing to the SNP only reached 10 per cent, only two seats would change hands. If the swing were to reach 15 per cent, Labour would lose 19 seats. But if the swing to the SNP reached 22 per cent across the board, Labour could lose 36 seats to the SNP.”

A quote from Derek Bateman re Ashcrofts Poll...

re the Auldies Ashcrofts post INDY poll showed the over 70's were 70%+ naw

the under 21's were 70+ YES

if it was under 60's only then the vote would be 55% YES , so stats show the auldies were the ones who done it........

Edited by stocky

“If, on the day, the swing to the SNP only reached 10 per cent, only two seats would change hands. If the swing were to reach 15 per cent, Labour would lose 19 seats. But if the swing to the SNP reached 22 per cent across the board, Labour could lose 36 seats to the SNP.”

A quote from Derek Bateman re Ashcrofts Poll...

re the Auldies Ashcrofts post INDY poll showed the over 70's were 70%+ naw

the under 21's were 70+ YES

if it was under 60's only then the vote would be 55% YES , so stats show the auldies were the ones who done it........

Aye it says it was all the oldies who voted no. Ffs I would have so problem if folk said most oldies but to say it was all oldies does my head in

This always has and always will sicken me the most. Saw an elderly couple the other night who I met one year ago. Then they were both fairly fit and healthy but the classic No voter, (we're too poor, too small, can't look after ourselves, lose our pensions, fought together in the war etc etc) a year on they are both holding each other up, near crippled and will probably be 6 feet under before this year is out. These were the people who decided our countries future.

As annoying as it is, they have the same right to vote as anyone.

It was the silent majority that ####ed over Yes. Kept their head down the whole campaign and came out in droves to vote negatively.

J