Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Arrests made in the Rangers takeover case.
  • Scotland beat ROI

Now a win today for Rangers and Hearts dropping points would make this a pretty good couple of days. :wink2: :wink2:

FFS :-)) The last couple of days have been devastating for your club. If the administrators are involved in fraud this could easily now tear it apart.

So who thinks those two clowns from Duff & Phelps were playing it straight? :rolleyes:

You are in deep shit, really really really deep shit.

FFS :-)) The last couple of days have been devastating for your club. If the administrators are involved in fraud this could easily now tear it apart.

So who thinks those two clowns from Duff & Phelps were playing it straight? :rolleyes:

You are in deep shit, really really really deep shit.

you think so? Lets wait and see. Best to get to the truth. Hopefully a court of law will expose more info. All good.

Edited by EddardStark

Grier links back with Murray & Masterton when he was at Bank of Scotland throwing money at MIH and RFC.

This is (somehow) the connection I feel that made Murray sell RFC for a pound. Something much bigger lurking in the background that seriously spooked Murray & Friends.

I suspect these folks had been getting away with it for so long they just arrogantly believed they could do it again but at RFC... on the world's stage, under the glare of enormous publicity and scrutiny. I watched those clowns at D&P's with incredulity during that whole farce and marvelled at how bent the whole process seemed and how obviously bent it seemed. They just thought they were masters of their own universe. This could really unravel now, Going to be interesting.

edit: and Whyte seems to have a habit of taping everything. Those tapes that got out were obviously being recorded by him. So how did they get out? You have to assume he leaked them as a way to exert pressure after the doublecross.

Edited by thplinth

you think so? Lets wait and see. Best to get to the truth. Hopefully a court of law will expose more info. All good.

If it turns out the administrators are involved in a fraud with Whyte and then Green it goes to the heart of first the sale of RFC 1899 to Whyte and then more crucially the asset fire sale to Green (the point of the double cross). After this you had an IPO - all the money from which is now gone (poof!, not you just a sound effect).

BDO can apply to the court to reverse fraudulent transactions and restore stolen assets. They could take Ibrox and all the other assets back and then sell them again to the highest bidder.

What happens to RFC 2012 then do you think? Are you able to field a team, play in the league, raise any revenue? No RFC 2012 is going under and you as a club are in a very bad place with lawsuits only just beginning. You might find it impossible to participate for months or years while the mess gets sorted. This is potentially a mess you will not get out of so 'easily' as last time.

edit: and I think Whyte was more sacked than double crossed. For whatever reason they just decided to cut him out at that point. he did make mistakes after all.

Edited by thplinth

Think about it Eddard.

Duff & Phelps sold all the assets for 5.5m (although the accounts say 6.5m) a few months later you have an IPO selling a fraction of those assets to new shareholders for what 34m?

And all that money raised is now gone?

That is a nice bit of business isn't it?

Then BDO come along and take the assets back or demand huge money in compensation...

Like I say it could be bad.

Edited by thplinth

Think about it Eddard.

Duff & Phelps sold all the assets for 5.5m (although the accounts say 6.5m) a few months later you have an IPO selling a fraction of those assets to new shareholders for what 34m?

And all that money raised is now gone?

That is a nice bit of business isn't it?

Then BDO come along and take the assets back or demand huge money in compensation...

Like I say it could be bad.

There is a lot to come out. I imagine D&P and CB will be reviewing their respective insurance policies as a matter of priority in the event of any claims.

Edited by EddardStark

Exactly. Hopefully the truth will come out in the near future and those responsible are held accountable. Maybe the 4 guys in custody start telling tales to save their own skins.

I imagine D&P and CB will be reviewing their respective insurance policies as a matter of priority in the event of any claims.

Good luck with that when all parties were involved.

What happens when find out you bought a stolen car eddard? one that cost 34m...