Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 371 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I reckon a majority of the rangers fans who opposed Ashley and preferred King are now secretly hoping this story is true and Ashley takes over.  

Ashley's big sugary paps are surely looking like financial paradise right about now after a few years of The King's endless gruel and bullshit soup.

Oh man why is this so hard for you. This is the guy who can put you back on the map. In fact realistically he is the only guy who can put you back on the map. Once he owns you he owns both sides of the contracts that are screwing you. Green poison-pilled you to the gills let's be fair and you are not getting out of that (as King has found out).

Once Ashley owns you his interests are your interests for once. He has not been at war with RFC just the dicks he has been battling for control. Just let go. He will invest more than anyone you can dream of right now.

No doubt you will go to war if this proves true about Ashley... :rolleyes:

Edited by thplinth

18 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I reckon a majority of the rangers fans who opposed Ashley and preferred King are now secretly hoping this story is true and Ashley takes over.  

Ashley's big sugary paps are surely looking like financial paradise right about now after a few years of The King's endless gruel and bullshit soup.

Oh man why is this so hard for you. This is the guy who can put you back on the map. In fact realistically he is the only guy who can put you back on the map. Once he owns you he owns both sides of the contracts that are screwing you. Green poison-pilled you to the gills let's be fair and you are not getting out of that (as King has found out).

Once Ashley owns you his interests are your interests for once. He has not been at war with RFC just the dicks he has been battling for control. Just let go. He will invest more than anyone you can dream of right now.

Nail on head.

38 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Apart from the fact he's not allowed to own both Rangers and Newcastle. So this story is a complete non starter unless the SFA have changed that ruling recently and I missed it? 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Apart from the fact he's not allowed to own both Rangers and Newcastle. So this story is a complete non starter unless the SFA have changed that ruling recently and I missed it? 

Did he not pretty much own them by proxy before?

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

The vast majority of Rangers fans are the absolute shite of society.

A worthwhile addition to the thread, thank you.

To other like-minded individuals, Thplinth is obviously in one of his occasional trolling moods so best not entertaining him. Must do better!

9 hours ago, EddardStark said:

The vast majority of Rangers fans don't want Ashley anywhere near the club.

The vast majority wanted Craig Whyte and Dave King though. So they're probably not the most objective of judges. 

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd say what the vast majority want is for the incumbent board to be able to turn things round and make a success of it rather than have Ashley anywhere near the club.

And i want to wake up next to Ashanti tomorrow morning. It's not going to happen though. ;) 

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Correct RB. It's already been covered in the press through numerous stories - so this one doesn't even make sense.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I'd say what the vast majority want is for the incumbent board to be able to turn things round and make a success of it rather than have Ashley anywhere near the club.

Did I mention my reservations about Dave king? 

14 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Correct RB. It's already been covered in the press through numerous stories - so this one doesn't even make sense.

According to a quote from the Sunday (We arra) People posted on the fantastic RangurzMeeja he can...

"Newcastle United owner Ashley is ready to make another move for the Glasgow side, a purchase that would see him finally take control of his long-time target...

...The source said: “The current situation is unacceptable – Mike knows that. Rangers are set to finish behind Aberdeen and are more than 30 points behind Celtic.

“He is prepared to invest but he will not work with the current owner, who he feels has done little for the club in the past two years.”

This will not, however, affect his running of Newcastle — set to win promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking — as there are no regulations to prohibit the ownership of two clubs operating under different national associations."

Edited by neil r

15 minutes ago, neil r said:

According to a quote from the Sunday (We arra) People posted on the fantastic RangurzMeeja he can...

"Newcastle United owner Ashley is ready to make another move for the Glasgow side, a purchase that would see him finally take control of his long-time target...

...The source said: “The current situation is unacceptable – Mike knows that. Rangers are set to finish behind Aberdeen and are more than 30 points behind Celtic.

“He is prepared to invest but he will not work with the current owner, who he feels has done little for the club in the past two years.”

This will not, however, affect his running of Newcastle — set to win promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking — as there are no regulations to prohibit the ownership of two clubs operating under different national associations."

I think it's an SFA rule, rather than a UEFA rule that prohibits him having a majority stake in Rangers. 

That's just from memory though so could have misremembered. 

48 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think it's an SFA rule, rather than a UEFA rule that prohibits him having a majority stake in Rangers. 

It is also an EFL rule that an owner of a team cannot have a controlling stake in any other team in any other association. The EPL rules are less strict as they want as much money they can get and don't care where it comes from. If this is going to happen it will have to wait until Newcastle secure promotion back to the EPL at the earliest.

7 hours ago, Parklife said:

That's my memory of it too. That and the EFL don't allow it. 

So even if Newcastle get promoted he still can't have a controlling interest. 

Non story used to sell papers to gullible fools?

17 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

A worthwhile addition to the thread, thank you.

To other like-minded individuals, Thplinth is obviously in one of his occasional trolling moods so best not entertaining him. Must do better!

I would be naffed off if Ashley bought you. I think he would make rangers into a dominant force. Fortunately the vast majority of rangers fans have this in built self destruct mechanism whereby they are inexplicably drawn to the worst owner possible every time.  You still think I am trolling, amazing. As soon as you think I am not I am shutting the feck up!

Edited by thplinth