Inter Milan Vs Celtic Predictions - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Inter Milan Vs Celtic Predictions

Surprised to hear you thought it was funny because your posts in the 50 page thread suggested that you're quite sensitive.

Really?

What did I say?

I'm not offended by anything anybody says at the football, but I understand why other folk are and why certain songs shouldn't be sung and have no place at the football.

Perhaps it's easy for me to see the funny side because I've never been affected by it, and it's not aimed at my team?

On a slight tangent, Jim Torbett used to chat away to me in the changing rooms at the gym, I didn't know who he was initially, but after I found out it made me quite uncomfortable, so didn't engage in conversation with him.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Celtic fans embrace Irishness because they are Irish, or have Irish ancestors. Hence why it's ignorance.

I bet you about 2% of Celtic fans attending any given game are Irish. I also suspect that many have no Irish ancestry at all, and if they have they're something like 6th or 7th generation Irish and know f*ck all about Ireland other than what colour a pint of Guinness is.

Celtic were founded as a Scottish club. I'm pretty certain that Brother Walfrid didn't found the club back in 1888 so Celtic fans could 'embrace Irishness' by glorifying terrorists and singing songs about child murderers.

Plastic Paddies indeed.

To me plastic paddies is just a dig at the way a lot of Celtic fans embrace Irishness. It's no worse than calling Aberdeen "Better Together FC" for example.....

Aye, I'd say that's probably fair :lol:

I bet you about 2% of Celtic fans attending any given game are Irish. I also suspect that many have no Irish ancestry at all, and if they have they're something like 6th or 7th generation Irish and know f*ck all about Ireland other than what colour a pint of Guinness is.

Celtic were founded as a Scottish club. I'm pretty certain that Brother Walfrid didn't found the club back in 1888 so Celtic fans could 'embrace Irishness' by glorifying terrorists and singing songs about child murderers.

Plastic Paddies indeed.

You "suspecting" stuff just backs up what I said about ignorance, but ignorance seems to be a common theme with you it would appear.

Celtic have been charged by UEFA over the flares, the team have also been charged for "improper conduct" because of the number of bookings.

For the first I hope that the dafties that bring flares learn that all they're doing is damaging the club. For the 2nd it's a flipping joke.

How many were booked? Unless it's 6+ I'd say it does sound a bit much!

Celtic have been charged by UEFA over the flares, the team have also been charged for "improper conduct" because of the number of bookings.

For the first I hope that the dafties that bring flares learn that all they're doing is damaging the club. For the 2nd it's a flipping joke.

No issue with uefa clamping down on flares as long as each club is treated the same.

Back to the game....Virgil's a legend in his own head. £10m haud me back!

He ruined any chance we had and should apologise for hanging his team mates out to dry. Its awrite bullying wee boys fae Dundee or Zombie FC but he can't mix it at the top level. Ambrose actually showed him up when he came on and we all know how good Efe is!

The folk on here who actually know me will know I couldn't be less of a plastic paddy if I tried, so it wasn't welcome.

Some of the other stuff folk are coming out with is getting out of hand. Used to be good to come on here for friendly banter, but I'd probably be as well signing up for Rangers Media if this is the way it's going.

No surprise, in the run up to the Ireland game Irish fans were described as "boggies", "tattie munchers" and "gypsies" on here. One of the culprits is at it at the moment with his 'unwashed' and 'tatties' hilarity in another thread.