Jim Murphy - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy has obviously done his homework and now thinks he will win East Renfrew.Why else has it taken him so long to decide on standing for that Westmonster seat? It would nae surprise me if he also stands for election next year for Holyrood.You know him he will be up for 2 x salary and 2 x expenses.The man is a parasite.

Murphy has obviously done his homework and now thinks he will win East Renfrew.Why else has it taken him so long to decide on standing for that Westmonster seat?

That was my first thoughts. If he loses that seat he will be (even more of) a laughing stock. So they are obviously convinced he will win.

Is it his seat that has the SNP candidate that was smeared in the press as a bit of an undesirable?

She made a comment about Celtic when she was a teenager and Murphy's Red Tories jumped on it.He has history with digging up stories from years ago and publishing them in the national press.

Is it his seat that has the SNP candidate that was smeared in the press as a bit of an undesirable?

She made a comment about Celtic when she was a teenager and Murphy's Red Tories jumped on it.He has history with digging up stories from years ago and publishing them in the national press.

Naw, she's the one up against Dougie Alexander. Edited by Toepoke

That was my first thoughts. If he loses that seat he will be (even more of) a laughing stock. So they are obviously convinced he will win.

According to James Kelly, Labour have been polling in East Renfrewshire, obviously to test the water.

I don't think he really has any choice but to stand. He's obviously not been able to "convince" one of the constituency MSPs to stand aside and force a by-election to get him into Holyrood. If he takes a "year out" then he'd have a year of being accused of being a feartie, especially if Labour lose the seat. Only option he really has is to stand and hope he wins.

Labour have been doing private polling in East Ren. According to a poster on Scot Goes Pop the results show Lab 33%, SNP 31%, Con 27%, though how they know that if it is a private poll I don't know, so probably mince. I would think Murphy would want more of a comfort blanket than that - but he can probably persuade a good number of those 27% Tories to tactically vote for him.

Edit - the polling source is Barrhead News, doesn't say where they got the figures from though.

Edited by Armchair Bob