Jim Murphy - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'd quite like my first foray into front line politics to be making sure Jim Murphy isn't returned as an MP anywhere in the British Isles.

You could stand as an independent and do nothing more than slag off the SNP. You might be able to take quite a few Murphy votes off him?

Edited by Orraloon

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JM had a 3 page spread in Scotland on Sunday today

Apparently he used to look up at the plane tracks in the sky of London-Transatlantic flights and think wistfully of those faraway places...

:lol:

Ffs

I thought I'd better check I wasn't misrepresenting the poor chap

"Murphy was always curious about the world beyond the scheme. “This is on the flight path from London and North America,” he says. “Quite often, on a day without clouds, you would look up and see these planes. You would imagine where they were going – they weren’t stopping here – and think, ‘wow, what a world that would be’.”

http://www.scotsman.com/news/dani-garavelli-jim-murphy-the-dynamic-underdog-1-3705170

headlined "Jim Murphy the dynamic underdog" (with a picture of a dog!)

To be fair I used to do that too.

Now you mention it I see what you mean, anyone might wonder wistfully about faraway places...

but in the context of a presumably carefully crafted media article featuring the lad from Arden seeking to go places politically, it seems odd to make London and North America the objects of wonder... (Eastwood or Holyrood not enough?)

The zionist loving jim speaking out about qatar human rights. Doesn't bother about attack homophobic, democratically bankrupt Russia.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/jim-murphy-qatar-2022-world-5252423#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Has he demanded the Qatari's serve alcohol in the stadiums at the 2022 world cup yet? He seems to think that to be the most pressing issue in fitba

Dearie me! Even though it's on the Scotsman website, the comments are almost universally disparaging. The UniTrolls couldn't even defend it....

(As a counterpoint I'll say the features in the Sun last week on Mr & Mrs Murrell were equally fluffy, but then that was the Sun).

Edited by Toepoke